Pizza Bites are soft, cheesy, pepperoni appetizers that taste fantastic and are fun to eat! Make this recipe for game day snacks or lunch boxes!
Recipes like Pizza Bites Appetizer with Pepperoni
Pizza Puffs are the perfect appetizer for your next party. Who can resist tiny bite-sized pepperoni pizza bites? For something a little more work but totally worth it give our homemade stromboli a try!
If you enjoy bite-sized appetizers, you might want to try a few more of my recipes.
These Chicken Parmesan Sliders are a simple recipe that’s absolutely heavenly and party-ready.
Or, these Sriracha Slower Cooker Honey Meatballs are hot, sweet, tangy, and wildly addictive.
You have to try these Ikea Meatballs. They are one of the most popular items on the Ikea restaurant menu.
How to Make Pizza Bites
Pizza Bites Appetizer with Pepperoni in 30 Minutes are just like your favorite pizza in bite-size! A simple recipe and a scrumptious lunch or game day appetizer.
Can’t get much more fun than that.
Simply combine the ingredients to make the batter. Then, add a scoop to a muffin pan.
Add pepperoni and cheese and top with more batter. Finally, bake them until they are golden brown. You can even add a tiny bit of sauce on top if you want to.
If you want to, you can prepare these the day before your party. Then, just keep them in the refrigerator until you want to bake them. Continue with the recipe as stated.
Other pepperoni appetizers to make for your next party
If you’re looking for a few more appetizers to serve at your next party, I have a few suggestions.
My Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bombs are perfectly seasoned bread bites loaded with pepperoni.
Or, my Pepperoni Pizza Skillet Dip is a fabulously dippable way to eat your pizza.
Or, Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Beer Bread is a scrumptious fusion of your favorite pepperoni pizza and a simple no rise beer bread.
Frequently asked questions
Recipe notes and tips for success
- To send these pizza bites to school just fill a thermos with hot boiling water while you warm up the pizza puffs. Then pour out the water and place the pepperoni pizza puffs in the thermos. Seal and they will stay warm until lunchtime!
- You can also stuff a cube of mozzarella cheese in the center of the puff before baking for an ooey-gooey cheesy center!
- To save time, you can use a premade roll of biscuits. Just cut each one into 4 pieces and use two pieces per muffin cup. It’s a great way to save time on a busy day.
- You can make these in a cake pan or a bundt pan but you will need to cook it longer to make sure that they are done.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoning, substitute 2 parts of oregano, 2 parts of basil, and one part of thyme.
- If you prefer not to use pepperoni, you can substitute Italian sausage. Or, you can make these with chopped peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms for a vegetarian option.
- When they are done, you can dip them in spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce, or even Ranch dressing.
How to freeze and reheat pizza puffs
My favorite way to freeze these pizza bites is to let them come to room temperature and place them on a jelly roll pan lined with a Silpat mat.
They flash freeze and then I pop them in a freezer gallon storage bag. That way, I can enjoy them whenever I want a quick snack or a light lunch.
Spritz them with water and either microwave them until heated or defrost them and pop them in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Watch our pizza bites recipe video
This pizza puffs video will show you everything you need to know to make this easy appetizer recipe. You won’t believe how easy they are to make in just a few minutes.
Pizza Bites Appetizer with Pepperoni + Video
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin, plus more to grease pans
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded 4-cheese pizza blend
- 5 ounces mini pepperoni rounds, 1 5-ounce package
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Reserve a hand full of pepperoni (about 1/4 cup).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, seasoning, red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, sugar, milk, and egg. Stir together with a fork. Mix in the pizza blend cheese and remaining pepperoni. Set aside.
- Prepare (2) 24 cup mini-muffin pans by greasing with olive oil (or spray with cooking spray).
- Mix batter and add 1 heaping tablespoon scoop to each muffin cup. Top each muffin with 2 or 3 of the reserved pepperoni. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve with favorite marinara sauce.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2013, updated and republished August 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.