Air fryer meatloaf is perfectly seasoned and topped with a sweet and tangy glaze. Make this easy meatloaf recipe for dinner in under an hour!
Enjoy a comfort food meal without creating a pile of pots and pans to clean afterwards. In fact, you can have the whole kitchen cleaned by the time dinner is on the table!
Air Fryer Meatloaf
Don’t have an air fryer? I’ve got another easy meatloaf recipe for the oven that’s topped with a delicious balsamic glaze.
You can even convert that recipe into meatloaf meatballs for easy snacking!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Choose a fattier blend. If your ground beef is too low fat, you will end up with a dry loaf. Aim for a fat content of at least 15%.
- Don’t overmix! This is often the culprit for a dense, dry meatloaf. Combine the ingredients just until they are evenly distributed, then leave it alone.
- Get a smooth surface. Dip your hands in warm water or coat them in a little bit of olive oil before shaping.
- When is it done? The easiest way to know for sure is by inserting a digital meat thermometer into the center. It should read around 165°F and no longer be pink in the center when sliced.
- Let it rest. Wait 5 to 10 minutes before slicing so all of the juices have a chance to redistribute throughout the meat.
For a simple meal, pair it with some greens tossed in your favorite dressing or any one of my pasta salads.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe FAQ
Can I use ground turkey to make this recipe leaner?
Yes, you can. When I make it with ground turkey instead, I like to add the zest of one lemon to the mixture. It adds a really nice complementary flavor.
Can I substitute Panko breadcrumbs for the traditional ones?
Absolutely! Because it doesn’t have Italian seasoning, you may want to add about a teaspoon of that with the other spices.
I also recommend soaking the Panko in a quarter cup of milk so they don’t dry out the beef mixture too much.
Why don’t I need to put air fryer meatloaf in a pan?
Whether you are making meatloaf in the air fryer or the oven, skipping the pan allows the outside to crisp up and caramelize.
You can certainly use a mini loaf pan if you prefer. Test it first to be sure that if fits in your basket and use one with holes in the bottom for the fat to drain.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing!
MORE DELICIOUS MEATLOAF RECIPES
Easy Air Fryer Meatloaf
- pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, eggs, bread crumbs, onions, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Using your hand combine all the ingredients until they are all well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf form that will fit into your air fryer basket.
- Place the meatloaf into the air fryer and set it to 380°F for 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Brush the ketchup mixture over the top of the meatloaf and set it for another 10-15 minutes until the loaf reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Allow the meat to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.