Best Ever Orange Honey Glazed Ham recipe starts with a bone in ham and a glaze that will absolutely blow your mind. A few simple ingredients come together to create the most glorious ham you have ever tasted. It is sweet, tangy and utterly divine.
It is truly the best ham we have ever eaten. It’s had rave reviews from everyone who has tried it.
In fact my husband has eaten so much ham over the last month that I am pretty sure he is going to turn into a ham sandwich.
Interestingly, I just recently found out that my husband LOVES ham.
You might think this is an odd thing to discover after 19 years together, but alas I honestly I had no clue.
Last month we were talking about what we wanted for Easter and he blurted out “why don’t you ever cook ham”?
Well, that was all it took, 1 month and 4 hams later we now have a family favorite. I guess you could say that I made up for lost time.
Orange Honey Glazed Ham
Looking for the perfect ham, I turned to our friends at Jones Dairy Farm.
They are all-natural, gluten free and offer a full range of products that are still made the old fashioned way.
And that my friends makes for the best ham we have ever tasted, hands down. I know you are anxious to try it and believe me, this ham will be the centerpiece of our table.
Caramelized bits of orange rind from the marmalade speckle the top of the ham and compliment it with bright flavor. You can also make this in the slow cooker.
Marmalade combined with honey and brown sugar makes it perfectly sweet and the consummate compliment to the hickory smoked ham, with a subtle hint of warmth from the cloves and a touch of spice from the mustard this is honestly the best ham you will ever eat. Can’t wait to get your hands on it, I know! Make this simple recipe to use up your leftovers.
Being this was my first (four) time(s) cooking ham, I guess I should mention it was also my first time carving a ham so I got some great pointers from this fantastic video.
What you will need to make Orange Honey Glazed Ham :
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Our Favorite Side Recipes
Orange Honey Glazed Ham
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Remove ham from all packaging. Place ham on large cutting board, fat side up. Score ham in diamond pattern with 1/4-inch deep cuts. Place one whole clove in center of each diamond.
- Place ham in large roasting pan, scored side up. Cover with aluminum foil. Cook according to package directions, until internal temperature reaches 140˚F, about 13-15 minutes per pound.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and set near the store so it gets nice and warm.
- Half way through cooking time, remove aluminum foil and baste ham with glaze. Repeat every 20-30 minutes until ham is cooked through. The more you glaze the prettier the ham will be.
- Remove ham from oven, let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot or cold.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2015, updated and republished March 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.