Balsamic Meatloaf Meatballs are our number 1, all time best meatloaf recipe in poppable form. Looking for the perfect easy dinner? These meatball poppers surely fit the bill! Moist, flavorful and deliciously addictive, and kids go crazy for them. Great to freeze and reheat, too!!
And meatloaf meatballs are a family favorite. Well, of course, the recipe that the meatballs were adapted from certainly is too.
Balsamic Meatloaf Meatballs
The balsamic glazed meatloaf recipe that inspired the balsamic meatballs is a family staple. Literally, I make it every Sunday, then separate it out into 4-ounce portions. This way, Chad can eat it for lunch all week.
He did this for quite some time. He loves it that much. At some point, I informed him we were affecting my creativity by eating the same thing every day.
He was happy to encourage my creativity and try different things for lunch.
So, when we were talking meatballs, we both knew these would be a hit. Awesome for tailgating, appetizers or served alongside your favorite pasta, rice or potato this is a winner. You are going to love it.
Essentials for Making Meatball Recipes
- Mixing Bowl– I like a variety of mixing bowls and prep bowls and this set has them all.
- 1-tablespoon scoop – Perfect for meatballs, cookies, ice cream for portioning out leftovers! I have had this set for years and use them all the time.
- 9×13 Baking Dish– I have my favorites and this set is one of them. The 9×13 is perfect for casseroles and the smaller size is awesome for making 1/2 a casserole recipe.
Meatloaf Meatballs FAQ
I prefer to bake meatballs whenever possible. Not only is it less messy, but they come out perfectly tender and evenly cooked every time!
Plus, while they are baking, you can spend time preparing side dishes for your quick and easy meal.
The most important thing to remember when making meatballs is to not overwork the meat! Mix just until the ingredients are combined and touch them as little as possible.
Use a scoop to portion them out before gently rolling them into shape. Wet or grease your hands before rolling — this gets them nice and smooth and prevents the mixture from sticking to your skin.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Favorite Meatball Recipes
Balsamic Meatloaf Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl add beef, bread crumbs and milk. Pouring milk directly over bread crumbs. Add ketchup, egg, balsamic vinegar and your spices. Combine well with hands, do not overwork the meat mixture.
- Using a scooper or your hands, portion 1-tablespoon size balls. Place in a 9"x13" baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine well. Set aside until needed.
- Pour balsamic sauce evenly over meatballs and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2012. Updated and republished November 2019.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.