Orange Creamsicle Shake is a sweet, refreshing treat that will fill you with nostalgia. This recipe takes just 3 ingredients to make!
Orange Creamsicle Shake
Transform your favorite childhood treat into a creamy, dreamy frozen drink! Each glass packs a punch of flavor but has less sugar and fewer calories than many other recipes.
Plus, this recipe creates four servings so there’s plenty to go around!
If you love this creamy orange shake, try my mandarin cheesecake salad – it also tastes like a Creamsicle!
I’ve also got a delicious rice pudding recipe that’s a great way to use up the leftover creamer from this one.
- Easy prep. Freeze multiple batches of juice so you always have some on hand. Store the solid cubes in a large ziploc bag and use within 6 months for best results.
- Don’t forget the whipped cream! This is what gives it that classic orange creamsicle flavor. Either a spray can or a tub of Cool Whip will work, or whip up a quick batch of my homemade recipe.
- Make it more vibrant. Add two to three drops of food coloring and slowly increase the amount as needed until it reaches the desired hue.
- Short on time? You can pour in the juice as a liquid and use 2 cups of regular ice cubes instead. Just be aware that the overall flavor will be more mild.
A few slices of fresh fruit are a simple and pretty garnish for your orange creamsicle shake, and you can’t go wrong with a maraschino cherry on top!
Sprinkles make everything more fun, and you can use regular jimmies or some sanding sugar to give it a little sparkle.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Orange Creamsicle Shake FAQ
Can I double this orange shake recipe?
Easily increase the amounts for a larger group or reduce them by half if it’s just the two of you.
Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to work in batches to ensure everything is thoroughly combined.
How do I make this orange creamsicle shake without the creamer?
You can create a DIY version by combining 1 cup half and half with ¼ cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
Can I make a different flavor instead?
Sure! Just swap out the juice with whichever other flavor you’re in the mood for. Pineapple, mango, or a tropical blend would be especially delicious.
Or, try frozen strawberries or raspberries instead of juicy ice cubes.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
OTHER SHAKE RECIPES
Orange Creamsicle Shake + Video
- 1 cup International Delight French Vanilla Creamer, liquid creamer
- 2 cups store bought orange juice, frozen into ice cubes
- whipped cream
- fresh orange slices, optional
- Combine creamer and orange juice cubes in a blender, use pusher or scrape down sides until mixture is of shake consistency. Add additional creamer or milk if you need to thin it out more.
- Pour about 3 ounces of shake into the bottom of an 8 ounce glass. Add a dollop of whipped cream. Add about 3 ounces more of shake, and then add another dollop of whipped cream. Give shake a light stir to swirl whipped cream and shake. Add 2 ounces of shake and top off with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh orange slice.
- Repeat until all glasses are filled.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2015, updated and republished July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.