Tuscan Chicken Shepard’s Pie
Shepherd’s Pie, redefined! The consummate comfort food with a healthy spin, ready in 30 minutes. Made leaner and heartier with chicken and a special ingredient, your meat lovers will never miss the beef. Trust me, my midwestern meat and potatoes man gobbled this up like it was a big fat steak.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Easy Skillet Recipes
Tuscan Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 3 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh-cracked black pepper, divided
- 14.5 ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cup frozen corn, or vegetable of your choice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces Italian blend cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Peel and cut potatoes into ½” pieces, place in a saucepan with enough water to cover potatoes and 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Cover and place on high heat and allow to boil.
- While potatoes are cooking, place a large skillet over medium high heat with olive oil in it. Add chicken and stir. Grate onion and add to pan. Stir to combine. Using a garlic press, mince garlic and add to pan. Add 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat whisk 2 Tbsp butter and flour and allow to cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and poultry seasoning. Whisk to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add corn and beans to chicken mixture, pour gravy on top. Stir to combine.
- Drain potatoes, add 2 Tbsp butter, cream cheese, sour cream, ¼ cup milk, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper to pan and pour potatoes on top. Mash and combine with potato masher. Add ½ of cheese, stir to combine.
- Spread mashed potatoes over top of the chicken mixture. Spread evenly to edges of pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Place pan in oven under broiler until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. 1-3 minutes. Keep a close eye on cheese.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley, serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.