Baileys Boozy Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These boozy brownies are extra rich and chocolatey with a simple, grown-up twist to your favorite box mix. Bake up a batch in under an hour!
A tip of the bottle seems to make most recipes better, and these Irish cream brownies are no exception!
Not only are these fudgy bars a delectable after dinner treat, but they make tasty homemade gifts to give your friends for the holidays.
I also have a salted caramel brownie recipe with a hint of smokiness from Jack Daniel’s whiskey. Or, try out my zesty Margarita cupcakes. No kids allowed at this dessert table!
You can even flip the script and make some cocktails that taste like your favorite sweet treats! Mix up a round of sugar cookie martinis or these creamy strawberry cheesecake pudding shots.
Boozy Brownies – Tips and Tricks
- Make ‘em boozier – You can always add a little bit more Baileys to the brownies to really bring out that flavor!
- Use the toothpick method. A great way to test if your Irish cream brownies are finished is by sticking a toothpick in the middle of them. If it comes out clean, they’re ready to be cooled.
- Serve them warm or cold. While I love a fresh brownie straight out of the oven, these will be just as tasty if you enjoy them at room temperature.
- Add a garnish: You can complete these treats by adding a swirl of whipped cream or even a maraschino cherry on top if you’re feeling it.
- Need a larger batch? This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on the number of guests. Just be sure to divide the batter between multiple baking pans!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
How do I store Irish cream brownies?
Once cooled, transfer them to an airtight container or Ziplock bag and keep them at room temperature for up to a week.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months for a make-ahead treat. Let them thaw on the counter until softened, or warm up individual squares in the microwave in 15-second intervals.
Do I have to add espresso powder?
Not necessarily – this is just a well-known trick to really bring out that intense chocolate flavor. I promise it won’t make your Baileys brownies taste like coffee.
You can certainly leave it out to save a trip to the store or if you prefer not to have the added caffeine.
Can I use a homemade brownie mix?
Absolutely! Any brownie mix – store bought or homemade – will turn out delicious.
I love using Ghiradelli’s Double Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix because the chocolate flavor pairs extremely well with the espresso and Baileys.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Easy Brownie Recipes
Baileys Boozy Brownies
- 1 18-ounce box of brownies
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- whipped cream, optional
- maraschino cherries, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine the brownie mix and the espresso, whisking to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, add the Bailey’s, vegetable oil, and eggs, beating to combine.
- Pour the liquid mix into the brownie mix and stir until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (baking time will vary based on the size of the dish, refer to the brownie box instructions for exact time – I love to use our individual brownie baking tray and that usually takes about 35 minutes to cook through).
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry (if desired).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
How do I prepare the 9×13 baking pan?
Yummy. Loved the idea of adding Irish cream into the mix, so I had to try it. The flavor is amazing and so rich. Was a great treat for me and my husband.