Cheesecake Ice Cream (No Machine)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cheesecake Ice Cream is tangy and sweet, with bits of graham cracker crust throughout. Make this no churn ice cream cheesecake recipe without a machine!
Sometimes I just can’t decide between cheesecake or ice cream, and then I think, why not both?
When you combine these two desserts together, you get one incredible, mind-blowing frozen dessert!!
Cheesecake Ice Cream
Homemade desserts always seem to taste better than what you can buy at the store, and frozen treats are no different!
No special equipment needed — in fact, it’s easier to make ice cream without an ice cream maker than you might think!
Condensed milk ice cream comes out just as creamy as custard-based recipes, but without the extra effort and steps.
You can use it as a base to create just about any flavor ice cream you might be craving!
In this cheesecake ice cream recipe, crunchy bits of graham cracker are swirled throughout the pan, adding texture to the rich and creamy frozen treat.
You can even add mix-ins to create other flavors.
Skip a special trip to the store and create homemade cheese cake ice cream with only 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Whip this ingredient first to create a light, airy texture in your homemade ice cream.
Light whipping cream can be used as a lower-fat substitute if needed.
Keep in mind though — it won’t whip up as nicely, and your treat won’t be quite as creamy.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This replaces a traditional custard base to help the frozen dessert set while keeping it soft enough to scoop.
Whatever you do, don’t try to substitute evaporated milk — your cheesecake ice cream won’t properly set with that ingredient swap!
- Vanilla Extract – Use a clear vanilla extract to keep the color nice and bright.
Baker’s vanilla tends to have a warmer flavor, but it may add a yellow tint to the base.
You could also substitute an equal amount of vanilla bean paste for a speckled effect.
- Cheesecake – Cheesecake bites work just as well for this ice cream cheesecake recipe!
I find that 3 slices provide a great flavor, but you can adjust the amount that comes through by a slice in either direction.
How To Make Cheese Cake Ice Cream
This no churn ice cream recipe uses sweetened condensed milk as a base instead of eggs or custard, which is why no machine is needed.
If you decide to go the more traditional route, you will need to follow the additional steps needed for whatever recipe you decide to make.
- Whip the heavy cream and vanilla. Add both ingredients to a stand mixer and whip on high until stiff peaks form.
Another way to check is to detach the whisk and hold it upside down — if the mixture stays put and doesn’t droop, it’s ready!
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk. It’s important to do this slowly and gently by hand to avoid knocking the air out of the freshly whipped cream.
- Mix in the cheesecake slices. Pop the bowl back on the mixer and mix in the cake on medium speed until well incorporated.
- Freeze. Transfer the mixture to a metal container, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and pop it in the freezer.
It will take 4 to 6 hours for your cheese cake ice cream to set before it’s ready to scoop.
Swirl in some strawberry syrup dessert topping or cherry pie filling, or add a bit of lemon zest for a bright, refreshing flavor.
You could also take some inspiration from my Monster Cheesecake recipe and swap out the regular cake slices for these instead!
Here are some more mix-in and topping ideas for your cheesecake ice cream:
- Fresh fruit
- Hot fudge
- Chocolate chips
- Cookie or candy bar pieces
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Stand mixer or large mixing bowl with hand mixer.
- Loaf Pan – Use a metal pan or container to help it set up faster!
- A sturdy silicone spatula can be used for scraping, stirring, and smoothing and is easy to clean too!
Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe FAQ
No matter the recipe, your sweet treat is best enjoyed within a week or two of making it. If it doesn’t contain fresh fruit, it can last for up to 2 months.
Ice cream made with cream cheese has a tangy flavor, very much like a slice of cheesecake.
Our ice cream cheesecake recipe doesn’t use cream cheese – it uses actual pieces of cheesecake. This means it tastes more like the real thing!!
Prep Ahead Instructions
If you’ll be using homemade cheesecake, I recommend making that a day or two in advance.
It’s important for the dessert to be fully chilled and set before it’s mixed into the creamy base.
Otherwise, whip up this no churn ice cream recipe early in the day. That way, it’ll be ready in time for an after dinner treat!
How To Store Homemade Ice Cream
Store your frozen dessert in a metal loaf pan, covered tightly with plastic wrap, or transfer it to a freezer-safe airtight container.
Either way, this cheesecake ice cream will last about two months in the freezer — if you even manage to have leftovers!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Easy Ice Cream Recipes
Cheesecake Ice Cream (No Machine!)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 slices plain cheesecake
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream and vanilla together on a high speed until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Slowly fold the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Mix in the slices of cheesecake on medium speed until they are fully incorporated into the ice cream mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mix into a 9×11 inch loaf pan and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer and allow the ice cream to set for 4-6 hours, or until the middle of the loaf pan is firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use either homemade or store-bought cheesecake in this recipe. Alternatively, you can use cheesecake bites.
- It is important to fold in the condensed milk gently in order to avoid knocking all of the air out of the freshly whipped cream.
- Three slices of cheesecake provides a great cheesecake flavor, but if you want to change how much that flavor comes through, you can adjust the amount of cheesecake you use by one slice.
- This no churn ice cream will last about two months in the freezer if you keep it covered with plastic wrap or move it to an airtight container.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2022, updated and republished March 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Cheesecake is the perfect flavor to go in ice cream. This was such a delight to eat last night, and I even have some left over! Going to keep this stocked in my freezer.
This looks good but after checking several times, I did not find actual amounts on each ingredient. Where do I find this information? Thank you!
The ingredients are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. Hope that helps.
TSRI Team Member,