Air fryer hand pies are cooked to perfection in minutes. Recreate your favorite campfire treat with all of the flavor and none of the mess!
Make these easy hand pies with refrigerated pie crust or your favorite homemade dough recipe.
Load up the centers with chocolate pieces and mini marshmallows, then sprinkle crushed graham crackers over the top.
Not only are they perfectly portable, but you won’t need to build a fire every time you’re in the mood for a gooey dessert.
Air Fryer Hand Pies – Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Use a round biscuit cutter. This will make quick and easy work of cutting the sheets of dough. A 3 ½-inch cutter will yield about 7 total pies, while a 4-inch one will yield about 6 total.
- Seal the edges well. Press down around the edges with the tines of a fork so nothing leaks out as the air fryer smores cook. You can also pinch them closed with your fingers, it just won’t look as neat and pretty.
- Want a half moon shape? Use a 5-inch cutter and fold the circle in half instead of placing a second piece of dough over the top.
- Check your appliance size. Since mine has a large capacity, I’m able to cook 4 of these at a time. You may need to make fewer air fryer hand pies per batch depending on the size of your basket.
While these are ooey-gooey delicious on their own, a little something extra is sure to put them over the top!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make air fryer hand pies ahead of time?
Absolutely! Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days and pop them right back in the fryer to remelt the center.
You can also make a double batch and freeze some for an easy treat! Place them inside a freezer-safe storage container lined with wax paper, adding another sheet between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
Reheat straight from the freezer at a low temperature until warmed through in the center, and enjoy within 2 months for best results.
What else can I add to air fryer smores?
Spoon a little bit of peanut butter, hazelnut spread, or cookie butter onto the center of the dough round before placing the chocolate on top.
Or, add a slice of banana with a dollop of marshmallow fluff instead of the mini marshmallows.
Chopped nuts or pretzels will add an extra bit of crunch. You could also replace the candy bar pieces with a Reese’s peanut butter cup instead.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Air Fryer Smores Hand Pies
- 2 pie crusts, premade or homemade double pie crust recipe
- 63 mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 2 graham crackers
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Carefully roll out the pie crusts on a flat surface and use a 3½-inch round biscuit cutter, cut 14 round circles out of pie crusts.
- Spread out 7 circles of crust on a flat surface and place 3 pieces of chocolate on the pie crust.
- Place 9 mini marshmallows on top of each piece of chocolate.
- Place another layer of dough on top of each pie and use a fork to seal the sides of the crust then slice 4 small slits in the top of the pie crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water and brush the egg wash on top of the pies.
- Crush graham crackers in a bag or food processor until fine then sprinkle crumbs on the tops of the pies.
- Cook the pies for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.