Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls could not be any easier. With all of that ooey gooey cinnamony flavor, these fluffy breakfast treats are sure to make any morning brighter! One kitchen tool, one ingredient, and 10 minutes – it’s literally that easy!!
If you thought that Pillsbury cinnamon rolls were already easy to prepare, get ready for an even easier air fryer breakfast.
It’ll be done before you’re even finished setting the table! There’s no big secret – it’s the same as using your oven, only faster!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
I’m not sure who convinced all of us that cinnamon rolls are a breakfast item instead of a dessert, but I’m not complaining!
Between cinnamon roll monkey bread and my copycat Cinnabon recipe, I think I could start every day with that melty, mouthwatering cinnamon goodness.
INGREDIENT NOTES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls – There are a couple of options out there, right? Grands, flaky, and even orange flavored nowadays!
Any of them will do. The icing varies as well, with your choice of the original recipe, cream cheese, reduced fat, and extra rich butter cream.
Take your pick of those as well!
- (Optional) Vanilla Frosting – Have some on hand if you want extra icing to drizzle or serve alongside the air fryer cinnamon rolls.
Simply microwave the canned version – you’ll find tips on that in the recipe card below!
Air Fryer Baking Tips & Tricks
- Leave Space Around Each Roll – Air fryers are all about air circulation. So if the edges of your rolls are covered up, the air can’t reach them and they can’t cook!
If proper spacing means baking in multiple batches, so be it–better to take a bit more time than have an underbaked batch!
- Keep the Dough Chilled – If you do find yourself frying in multiple batches, then be sure to keep the excess dough chilled until its turn in the air fryer.
The cooking time is based on chilled dough. Additionally, the rolls will start to droop if left at room temperature for too long, affecting its fluffiness and rise.
- Use Parchment Paper – While it’s true that you can use either parchment paper or aluminum foil in the air fryer, go with parchment paper this time around.
Aluminum foil heats up and bakes the bottom of your ingredients just a tad more than the edges and the top.
So unless you want a harder, crisper bottom, line with parchment paper!
Fun Toppings for Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Cream Cheese Frosting – I don’t know about you, but I’m all about cream cheese frosting with my cinnamon treats!
Use an electric or stand mixer to fluff up a block of cream cheese with 2 cups of powdered sugar.
Then, add a little vanilla extract, plus a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness.
- Lemon Drizzle – A quick lemon icing will brighten up these rolls in a flash!
Mix powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice, and just enough milk to get the right consistency. You’ll have a sweet and sour topping that’s absolutely to die for!
- Strawberry Dessert Topping – This one is pretty indulgent, but what’s better than a fruity breakfast?
These strawberries are boiled with sugar and flavored with vanilla. You can use this recipe with any fruit!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls FAQ
You can, but they’ll need a bit more time in the air fryer than the refrigerated dough.
Don’t increase the heat – just increase their time in the fryer. You’ll be able to tell that they’re done when the tops turn golden brown.
It takes between 6 and 7 minutes. As always, this varies from air fryer to air fryer and depends on how packed your basket is. So keep an eye on them!
The air fryer always ensures that your recipes cook evenly and entirely from top to bottom. You don’t have to worry about placement in an oven altering the temperature.
It’s also much quicker to prepare cinnamon rolls in the air fryer. It takes over 20 minutes, plus preheating time, to prepare refrigerated cinnamon rolls in the oven.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- 8 Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls, 1 8-Count package
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F. Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Open package and separate rolls. Place rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between each for expansion.
- Cook rolls for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove rolls from basket and transfer to a serving plate. Allow cinnamon rolls to cool slightly, then stir the frosting and spread evenly over the rolls.
Serve warm with plenty of napkins
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.