Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets (from Frozen)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Air fryer chicken nuggets are perfectly crisp and tender and ready in a fraction of the time. Make some tonight for a quick and easy dinner!
Happy kids equal happy parents, so recreate one of their favorite meals right at home. It’s so simple, even older kids could make these themselves.
Even better, air fried frozen chicken nuggets go from freezer to table in less than 15 minutes! No need to thaw anything first – just pop them right in the basket and cook to perfection.
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets – Serving Suggestions
Pair these with any of your favorite easy side dishes. You can make fries and onion rings in the same machine or keep it simple with some homemade applesauce.
Or make your own baked Italian chicken nuggets, they are delicious and super easy to make.
For a healthier option, how about a side salad, veggies sticks, or steamed broccoli? Even a scoop of mac and cheese or roasted potatoes would taste great.
Add your favorite dipping sauce to put these right over the top!
- Honey mustard
Tips For Making Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
- Don’t forget to preheat! Otherwise, you may need to add a few extra minutes so they are heated all the way through.
- Avoid overcrowding. It’s important to leave a little space between each one for maximum crispiness and to be sure they are fully cooked inside Since they will be ready in just a few minutes, you can work in batches if needed.
- Want easier cleanup? Cut a piece of parchment paper to size and place it in the bottom of the basket. Poke holes through the paper in a few places to allow for circulation, then toss it when you’re done cooking! I recommend checking your individual manual to confirm that this is allowed with your appliance.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What is the best brand of chicken nuggets for the air fryer?
We love the Tyson brand. For this recipe, I used their regular variety and not the new “air fried” version which has a different cooking time.
They also have fun shapes like dinosaurs or popular cartoon characters, and those will also work for this recipe.
Can I use veggie or vegan varieties instead?
Sure! Just decrease the cooking time by a few minutes and check more often towards the end to catch them before they get too crispy.
How do I reheat air fryer chicken nuggets?
Since these cook so quickly straight from the freezer, I recommend making just enough for each serving. However, sometimes kids aren’t quite as hungry as they think and you may have a few left over.
In that case, pop them back in the basket and cook for 3 to 5 minutes at 375°F or until crispy again. Don’t forget to flip them halfway through so they heat evenly.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets (from Frozen)
- 20 chicken nuggets
- salt and pepper, optional
- dipping sauces, optional
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- In an even layer, spread the chicken nuggets in the bottom of the basket. Cook for 8 minutes, stopping halfway to flip the nuggets with a turner. If you would like them a little bit crispier, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. If you would like your tots extra crispy, add additional time in 1-2 minute increments until you reach the desired crispiness.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to a plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
So much better than baking them! They come out just like wendys!! They are yummy!