Orange honey rainbow fruit salad recipe is like a party for your senses. The orange honey dressing includes a secret ingredient that brings this salad to life.
Nothing completes a spring/summer meal like a fabulous fruit salad. I can remember growing up, every summer party had a big ole bowl of fruit salad on the table.
Picnics, park parties, barbeques, cookouts, and pot lucks: burger, dogs, salads and fruit really make the perfect menu.
How To Make Orange Honey Rainbow Fruit Salad
Our fruit salads are always spectacular. You have to start with a rainbow to fruit. Start with all my favorite berries; strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry.
Then add kiwi, mandarin oranges, cantaloupe… You really can change it out to add your favorites.
The magic of this fruit salad is the dressing. I combined the juice of several Mandarin oranges, good honey, lemon juice and a special ingredient: fresh mint (in a mason jar).
I sealed it up and then shook the living tar out of the jar, which helps bruise the mint and release all of its loveliness into the dressing.
Shortly before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. OH.MY.GOSH! The combination of flavors is utterly spectacular.
The sweet, tart, and coolness from the mint really drive this salad over the top. This orange honey rainbow fruit salad is like a party for your senses.
It is the perfect fruit salad to take with you too. Simply layer it in a bowl with the firmest fruit at the bottom and work your way up. Carry your dressing separately.
When you are ready to serve, drizzle the dressing over top and toss to coat. Happy summer and enjoy!
Helpful Tips to make Orange Honey Rainbow Fruit Salad:
- To make ahead prep the salad and place in a bowl, covered. Prepare dressing separately and store in a mason jar until ready to serve.
What you will need to make Orange Honey Rainbow Fruit Salad:
- Large Serving Bowl-
- Mason jar – I absolutely love canning jars. I use them for storing, prepping, drinking glasses and yes even canning.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out our favorite summer salad recipes:
Orange Honey Rainbow Fruit Salad + Video
- 1 pound strawberries, quartered
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 3 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 kiwi, sliced
- 1/4 cantaloupe, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces green grapes, halved
- 1 medium banana, sliced and dipped in lemon juice
- 4-5 Mandarin oranges, divided
Fruit Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, I juiced several Mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4-10 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Combine fruit in a large serving bowl (except bananas). Set aside. Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Shake vigorously to combine (shaking helps get the best flavor out of the mint).
- Pour the dressing over the salad shortly before serving. Gently toss fruit to coat in dressing. Garnish with bananas. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.