Lazy Day Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are the breakfast of your dreams. Ooey gooey tender cinnamon rolls fully loaded with smoky bacon. The combination of salty and sweet is enough to blow your mind. It is such an easy recipe and ready to go in the oven before it is done preheating.
The only problem with this incredible breakfast is that you may want to eat it all yourself.
Sweet treats call my name and I have been seen sweet bacon everything for quite some time now. I have been really wanting to try some dessert with bacon in it for a while.
Or sweet breakfast, speaking of, I have seen bacon cinnamon rolls made with whole pieces of bacon rolled up in the cinnamon roll, which sounds great (in theory)…
The problem for me was that the bacon did not get crisp enough for me to enjoy it until the cinnamon rolls were way over cooked. Everything I thought of could not change that, except by par-cooking the bacon.
Which that entire thought made this treat way more work than I was willing to put into it. So, it is not wonder I called these Lazy Day Bacon Cinnamon Rolls. LOL What I ended up doing is taking my favorite store bought cinnamon rolls and unrolling them and pressing bacon crumbles into the dough.
You could use bacon that has been cooked and chopped, but I opted for my convenient bacon crumbles that I buy at Costco. Then you just roll them back up. If some of the filling falls out, just scoop it up and press it back it.
No one will be the wiser. Separate the cinnamon rolls and place them in your baking pan. Bake according to package directions and then spread icing over top.
I dare you to wait until these are cooled off. It isn’t possible. Just the aroma will have your mouth watering.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Dessert Recipes With Cinnamon
Lazy Day Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tube store bought cinnamon rolls with icing , (such as Grands)
- 1 cup bacon crumbles, approximately 1 pound cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or 325°F if using a glass pan). Spray a 9″ round pan (or square) with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from packaging, being careful not to separate the cinnamon rolls from one another. Place on a clean counter top or cutting board and unroll the dough almost completely. Sprinkle bacon crumbles on top and use hands to gently press bacon into dough.
- Roll dough back up. If any of the filling sticks to the counter, just gently scrape it off the counter with a spatula and press into the cinnamon roll.
- Once rolled back up, separate into 5 cinnamon rolls and place into prepared pan. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and spread icing over top immediately.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published August 2015
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.