Creamy Vanilla Rice Pudding is the epitome of comfort food. This simple dessert made with just 2 ingredients is rich, silky and utterly delicious! This recipe is so simple it just about cooks itself!
We are so excited to be partnering with International Delight® to bring you another fabulous recipe. I don’t know about you, but I love my coffee so I always have creamer in the house.
I have found this to be an amazing convenient ingredient in cooking and baking sweets. So, of course when I started thinking about rice pudding I thought of International Delight.
I remember my mom making rice pudding for us. Of course, as my mom was a penny pincher it was always with left over white rice from dinner a few nights earlier. If we didn’t have leftover rice there was no rice pudding. Which kinda stinks when you love rice pudding.
Creamy Vanilla Rice Puuding
So what if you want a quick and easy rice pudding and you don’t have any left over rice? Well, that is exactly where I started. Have you ever had risotto? It is rich and creamy. It is made with an Italian short grain rice called Arborio.
The rice has a high starch content which leads to the creaminess of the risotto. So, I started thinking… What if I use Arborio rice in my rice pudding?
Well, the result is an amazing thick, rich and creamy flavorful rice pudding made with just 2 ingredients (and water and salt)!
It is a so easy to make, you literally dump it in a pot, let it cook and then stir for a few minutes.It is perfectly rich, creamy and delicious.
My husband, Chad, has been refusing to try the store bought rice pudding for years. But this recipe, he devoured!
Helpful Tips to make 2-Ingredient Creamy Vanilla Rice Pudding:
- Do not bring to a full rolling boil and then cover. It will boil over and you will be left with a nasty stove to clean. Don’t ask me how I know, just trust me on this one.
- Slow cooker method: Combine ingredients in a slow cooker (I used a 3 quart). Stir, cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 – 3 hours. It took 3 hours in my 3 quart round. Rice should be soft and pudding thick when it is ready.
- The first time you prepare this in a slow cooker I recommend tasting a piece of rice after 1 hour 30 minutes. If it is not chewy yet cover it and let it cook 30 more minutes and check again. The more you stir the more the pudding will thicken. That said, about 15 minutes before the pudding is done remove cover and stir until pudding is thickened.
- If you don’t have coffee creamer you can substitute (in place of the creamer and water) 4-1/2 cups whole milk, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
What you will need to make 2-Ingredient Creamy Vanilla Rice Pudding:
- 8 quart sauce pan-
- Arborio Rice – it makes this rice pudding!!!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite simple recipes:
2-Ingredient Creamy Vanilla Rice Pudding
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups International Delight French Vanilla Creamer, liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional Toppings: cinnamon or fruit
- Combine ingredients in a large (8 quart) saucepan over high heat. Stir to combine. Bring to ‘medium’ boil. *SEE NOTE. Reduce to simmer (on medium-low temperature) for 20 minutes. Cover.
- Remove cover, increase temperature to medium-high and stir constantly until rice is tender and pudding is thick and creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Pour into serving dishes. Serve warm immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- If desired add optional toppings right before serving.
If you don’t have coffee creamer you can substitute (in place of the creamer and water) 4-1/2 cups whole milk, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. SLOW COOKER METHOD
Combine ingredients in a slow cooker (I used a 3 quart). Stir, cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 – 3 hours. It took 3 hours in my 3 quart round. Rice should be soft and pudding thick when it is ready. The first time you prepare this I recommend tasting a piece of rice after 1 hour 30 minutes. If it is not chewy yet cover it and let it cook 30 more minutes and check again. The more you stir the more the pudding will thicken. That said, about 15 minutes before the pudding is done remove cover and stir until pudding is thickened.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.