Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I decided to give some new flavors a try and I developed this incredibly flavorful and delicious Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf.
Happy Monday Slow Roasters! Today is On The Lighter Side at The Slow Roasted Italian. I would like to share with you a new meatloaf I created.
We surely love meatloaf in this house, but I get a little tired of the old standard Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze which happens to be Chad’s favorite dish that I make and Munchkins favorite 3 Ingredient Meatloaf so, I decided to give some new flavors a try and I developed this incredibly flavorful and delicious Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf. It is a great low calorie option as it only has 267 calories per serving and 8 grams of fat.
We love it so much I made it a 12 serving dish, so we could freeze half. But the other half never made it to the freezer. We ate it for 4 meals straight! It was delicious with some spicy refried beans and some corn.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Easy Dinner Recipes
Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 pounds lean turkey
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 egg whites
- 8 ounces diced green chiles, pureed, reserve 1 tbsp
- 1 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Mrs Dash Southwest Chipolte
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% Monterey Jack and Colby Cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add green chiles (reserving 1 tablespoon) to blender or food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg whites, chiles, 1 cup enchilada sauce, Mrs Dash, salt and pepper. Mix well. Move mixture to a baking dish and shape into a rectangle. (Meatloaf will be moist)
- Bake on the center rack in your oven for 60 minutes uncovered.
- After 60 minutes, remove meatloaf from oven and increase temperature to 400°. Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce across the top of the meatloaf, sprinkle with cheese and 1 tablespoon reserved green chiles.
- Bake for 5 minutes to melt cheese on top, remove from oven and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published March 2012
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
A grand way to really add flavor and texture to ground turkey. Saving this.
Loving the green chile you added here! YUM!
I'm making meat loaf tonight, just ordinary meat loaf…I've never made turkey meat loaf…I've always been worried it would be dry. I like the green chiles and spices you added.
what a fun new way of cooking meatloaf! I love all these flavors! Delish
Oh my goodness, this looks fantastic! Only 267 calories makes it even better! Great recipe and thanks for sharing!
This meatloaf was amazing. It was moist and so flavorful! Definitely healthier using the turkey too!