Air Fryer Green Beans are the perfect addition to any meal. Easy to make, healthy, and utterly delicious they are a simple way to add more flavor to your dinner.
Fresh green beans in an air fryer are incredibly fast! You only need beans, minced garlic, oil, and some seasonings to complete the dish.
Even super picky eaters will be happy to devour a helping. And if they are still not interested, try my mini meatloaf cups with green beans instead! No one can resist those comforting flavors.
Try them with baked chicken, pork chops, prime rib, or any of your favorite main course dishes. Or make them alongside my pan seared steak with red wine sauce if you are in the mood for something fancy.
Air Fryer Green Beans – Tips and Tricks
- Double or triple the recipe! Feeding a crowd? No problem, you can easily double or even triple the dish. If you have a small air fryer, you may need to work in batches to ensure they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. It’s important with anything you make in an air fryer to leave space around the food. The air needs to be able to flow around the food to cook it.
- Wash and trim. It might be tempting to skip washing or trimming the ends of the beans. Trust me, there is nothing more frustrating than biting into a woody end!
- Dry the beans. Wet beans will end up soggy, so instead after you wash them, be sure to dry them well with a paper towel. This will also allow the spices and oil to stick to them easier.
- Any oil will work. Olive oil is a favorite, but you could also use avocado oil, vegetable oil, or even melted coconut oil.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Air Fryer – There are many varieties available, so choose one that will fit your needs.
- Sharp Knife – This set is great to have on hand! Don’t forget a cutting board too.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can you use frozen green beans?
Yes, it’s fine to use frozen instead of fresh. You don’t need to thaw them ahead of time, but you will need to add 2-3 minus of cooking time.
Can you use canned?
Yes, but the end result is not going to be the same. The texture and flavor will be completely different.
To use canned beans, you will need to turn the heat to 350 degrees and lower the cooking time to 4 minutes.
Can I use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic?
Sure! Swap fresh garlic for garlic powder. I recommend using ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
What else can add to air fryer green beans?
If you would like to add some extra flavors, go ahead! Seasonings, such as lemon pepper are a great way to add a new result.
Or you can add some crumbled bacon, red pepper flakes, or sprinkle some Parmesan cheese during the last few minutes of cooking. Try topping them with fresh parsley or oregano before serving.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
MORE AIR FRYER SIDE DISH RECIPES
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the green beans, oil, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper, toss until the green beans are well coated.
- Place the green beans into the air fryer. Turn it on to 400°F for 16 minutes and stir it halfway through.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.