Sausage and Potatoes with broccoli and peppers is a scrumptious, well-rounded meal. Prep this easy dinner recipe in minutes, then let your air fryer do the rest!
Air Fried Sausage and Potatoes
You can feel good about feeding this air fryer meal of sausage and potatoes to your family because it’s made entirely with fresh ingredients and a handful of spices.
Plus, it’s very hands-off which leaves you time to help with homework or get other things done.
For another easy sausage and potatoes recipe, try this slow cooker casserole! It’s deliciously cheesy and simple to throw together at the last minute.
Helpful Recipe Tips for the Air Fryer Dinner
- Change up the vegetables. Swap out the broccoli for cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, or snap peas. I’ve even left it out altogether! It still tasted great, but wasn’t quite as hearty.
- Don’t forget to stir! Mixing everything up around the halfway mark ensures that each piece of food is cooked evenly.
- Tip for easy cleanup: If your model allows, line the bottom of the basket with some parchment paper. Leave space around the edges for better circulation or poke a few holes to line up with the ones in the metal.
- Want it to be spicier? Add a little extra pepper or some red chili flakes to the mixture. You could even throw in some chopped jalapeño if you would like!
While this sausage and potatoes recipe is wonderful on its own, you could spoon it over some rice to make it more filling.
Adding a starch is also a helpful way to stretch the meal further when you have a lot of people to feed!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Sausage and Potatoes Dinner FAQ
Is there a way for this air fryer meal to be ready faster?
You can reduce all of the ingredients by half so it’s done in 20 to 25 minutes, but then it will only serve two people.
Can I use frozen vegetables instead?
Yes, but you will need to thaw them first or increase the overall cooking time to ensure they are warmed through.
It may also help to chop frozen broccoli into smaller pieces so they don’t take as long to cook.
How long will air fryer sausage and peppers last in the fridge?
Store leftovers in an airtight container and use within 3 to 4 days for best results.
Because it will keep for several days, it’s a great option if you are meal prepping for yourself.
Spoon out one serving for dinner and divide the remainder evenly between your containers. Adding some cooked rice should get it to last the rest of the week!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
Air Fried Sausage and Potatoes
- 2 bell peppers, 1 inch sliced
- 1 large onion, 1 inch sliced
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 14 ounce sausage, 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir till everything is well combined.
- Place the mixture into the basket of the air fryer. Turn the air fryer onto 400 for 50 minutes. Halfway through, stir the pepper mixture. Check on the potatoes around the 45-minute mark; once they can be pierced easily with a fork, they are done. Depending on your air fryer, you might need the full 50 minutes or slightly less.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.