No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are a delicious treat for peanut butter lovers! Make this easy no bake recipe for your next picnic or potluck.
This simple dessert has a scrumptious crunchy peanut butter base topped with a glorious chocolate ganache that will blow your mind!!
It comes together without turning on the stove and with just 5 ingredients. That is my kind of recipe.
There is nothing I love more than no-bake desserts in the middle of the summer. I don’t like to wait in front of a hot oven for dessert, do you?
Have you tried my No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake yet? It’s the perfect seasonal dessert to kick off summer.
Lucky Charms Ice Box Cake is unlike anything you’ve ever had before.
No-Bake Rocky Road Avalanche Bars are a simple recipe with chocolate, peanut butter, and a candy crunch. Everyone raves about them!
Tips for Making No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Graham cracker crumbs – Graham crackers really have to be crumbs to work properly in this recipe. Process them in your food processor to be sure they are fine enough.
- Butter – You can use unsalted butter if you like. Just add 1/4 teaspoon of salt with the peanut butter.
- Peanut butter – If you use natural peanut butter, the bars will need to be refrigerated to stay firm.
- Chilling – These bars will need to be refrigerated for one to two hours so make sure that you plan ahead when making them.
- Freezing – These bars freeze great! Just be sure not to stack them or they’ll stick together.
Frequently asked questions
Can no bake bars be frozen?
Whether or not you can freeze desserts like this really depends on the recipe. But this one is very freezer friendly.
Just cut them into individual serving sizes. Then, place the bars (not touching) in a freezer container that’s been lined with foil.
Freeze the bars for up to 6 months. Then, just thaw them in the refrigerator when you’re ready to eat them.
Can I use creamy peanut butter instead?
Yes, you can use creamy or crunchy peanut butter.
If you love chopped nuts in your peanut butter bars, then using chunky peanut butter is a great idea.
If you don’t have honey roasted peanut butter, you can use plain peanut butter instead as well.
What types of chocolate chips are best?
I use milk chocolate chips for this recipe because the final taste really reminds me of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
But, if you want to, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips or even dark chocolate chips instead. Or, kick it up a notch and try white chocolate chips instead.
What about healthy peanut butter bars?
If you want to make the no bake peanut butter bars a little bit healthier, you can use a one to one stevia blend instead of the powdered sugar.
That will help cut the sugar content. And, you can use PB2 made into peanut butter to cut the calories and the fat. It’s still a delicious treat!
Can I make a bar dessert without graham crackers?
You will need to have some type of cracker or cookie crumb for the base of these bars.
If you prefer not to use graham crackers, you can try any of the following instead:
- Nilla Wafers
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate wafer cookies
- Nutter Butter cookies (for the REAL peanut butter lover!)
And, you can make gluten free peanut butter bars by using gluten-free graham crackers.
Or, for a slightly different taste, you can try crushed pretzels for a pretzel crust.
The salty and sweet combination is delicious.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
You will want to keep this dessert in the refrigerator. The peanut butter and the chocolate will melt or become soft if they are exposed to warm temperatures.
They can stay out for a few hours while you plate and serve them, but for longer periods, store them in the refrigerator.
Other peanut butter desserts to make:
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars + Video
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks
- 2 1/2 cups honey roasted crunchy peanut butter, divided
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Add butter to a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Heat in the microwave until the butter is completely melted. Stir in the peanut butter. Once combined add the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Stir until everything is completely incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking pan and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the ganache topping.
- Heat the chocolate chips and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat 30 seconds at a time and stir between intervals.
- Pour the ganache over the peanut butter layer. Smooth into an even layer.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Cut and serve. Store bars in the refrigerator.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2017, updated and republished August 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.