Slow Cooker Cheesy Sausage and Potato Casserole is our new favorite dinner. It is so amazingly easy to toss together. This recipe is so simple it just about cooks itself. Just toss in the ingredients and go. This casserole is rich and creamy and loaded with super cheesy. It is bursting with flavor and is sure to be on your menu again and again!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Sausage with Potato Casserole
I am pretty sure that I have shared tales of my picky crew with you. Finding something that everyone will love is just about a miracle. Casseroles are so easy to make but pretty tough to please the whole family. This casserole though… Oh my goodness! Chad and I were literally standing over the slow cooker eating it with a fork. We just couldn’t get enough and I know you are going to love it too.
Making Slow Cooker Cheesy Sausage and Potato Casserole:
If you do not like spicy food, you can leave out the cayenne pepper. The smoked sausage and the pepper jack cheese will just give enough heat to warm your tongue.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Cheesy Sausage and Potato Casserole
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium chicken base
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/8 to 1/4, to taste
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 14 ounces hot smoked sausage, cut into moons (halved and sliced)
- 20 ounce bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a 6-quart slow cooker combine cream cheese, butter, half-and-half, chicken base, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine. Sprinkle onion and sausage over the top. Layer potatoes on top. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, do not stir or uncover.
- After 1 hour, stir and re-cover. Cook an additional 1 1/2 – 2 hours, until the potatoes are tender. Remove the cover and stir until the sauce is completely smooth, and the cream cheese melts into the sauce. Add 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and the pepper jack cheese. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup sharp cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about an additional 30 minutes (a total of 3 – 3 1/2 hours). Remove cover and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published December 2016
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.