Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer has to be one of the fastest, easiest, and tastiest ways to prepare the perfect turkey dinner. Using the air fryer creates perfectly crispy skin with meat that stays super moist and juicy. This meal is fool-proof, and full of flavor!
Turkey is a fantastic protein to cook with. It’s lean, versatile, and full of important nutrients like vitamins B3, B6, and B12.
Even better, when you make turkey breast in the air fryer, you only use a tiny amount of oil!
Turkey Breast in Air Fryer
A delicious, crispy skin seasoned with thyme, sage, and rosemary comes just before the juicy meat lying beneath the surface.
Carve and serve it on its own with a couple of sides, or slice it up for sandwiches or a delicious turkey tetrazzini!
If you’re reading this recipe, you’re likely a fan of quick and easy recipes! Am I right?
If I am, then you won’t want to miss my crockpot turkey breast or slow cooker turkey chili!
Air Fried Turkey Breast Ingredients and Substitutions
- Boneless Turkey Breast – If you use a frozen breast, let it thaw before adding the olive oil and seasonings.
- Fresh Thyme and Sage – Minty, lemony thyme and peppery sage are the perfect herbs to perk up this dish!
Oregano is your best substitute for either of these herbs. Marjoram or tarragon wouldn’t be half-bad, either!
- Dried Rosemary – We’re using fresh thyme and sage, so why are we using dried rosemary?
Well, dried herbs tend to have a much more intense, noticeable flavor than fresh. And we really want to taste the rosemary!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – This helps the skin crisp up. Canola, sunflower, or vegetable oil could be used instead.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Air fryer turkey breast is mostly hands-off, but you do need to flip the breasts around the 20 minute mark, about halfway through.
You might be wondering – can I make frozen turkey breast in the air fryer?
While it’s certainly possible, I don’t recommend it. I say this because you can’t prep the meat with oil while it’s frozen, and it’s likely that the seasonings won’t stick to the skin.
So, for the best results, thaw it in the fridge before air frying.
Also, be sure to use an instant-read cooking thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat.
I like to remove turkey breast from the air fryer when the internal temperature reaches 163°F.
The turkey will continue to cook as it rests, so it does reach a safe 165°F. by the time it’s on the table.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or up to 6 months in the freezer.
To reheat, stick the meat back in the air fryer around 350°F until warmed through the center.
You can also put it in the oven, loosely covered with foil, if that’s preferred. I wouldn’t microwave it, as it might heat up too quickly and dry out.
Of course, you can also carve and eat the turkey cold! Leftover turkey sandwiches are one of my favorite next-day meals!
Turkey Breast in Air Fryer FAQ
Generally, it takes about 40 minutes for 3 lbs of boneless turkey breast to cook in the air fryer at 370°F.
Your cooking time can vary, depending on the exact thickness of each breast, the model of your air fryer, and how crowded the basket is.
Let air fried turkey breast rest for at least 10-12 minutes before cutting into it to keep all the juices from leaking out! Otherwise you’ll end up with a pretty dry bird.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 3 pounds boneless turkey breast, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Using a paper towel, pat turkey breast dry; rub an even coat of olive oil all over the breast.
- Stir seasonings together in a small bowl, then rub seasoning evenly all over the turkey.
- Place breast in preheated air fryer and cook for 38-40 minutes, flipping the breast over halfway through cook time. Before removing the turkey from the air fryer, use an instead-read digital thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature at the thickest portion of the breast is 163° F.
- Remove turkey from the air fryer and transfer to a cutting board. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep it warm. Allow meat to rest for 10-12 minutes before slicing and serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.