This skillet ravioli comes together in one pan and is loaded with a mind-blowing flavor explosion. Make it tonight in just 30 minutes!
Looking for an easy recipe that makes an impressive meal in no time? This skillet dinner with sausage and ravioli is the one for you!
It is loaded with zesty hot Italian
sausage, smoky fire roasted tomatoes, tender cheese filled pasta,
multiple layers of ooey goey cheese, and fresh peppery basil sprinkled
Plus, there’s enough hands-off time that you can have the kitchen cleaned before you sit down to eat.
Don’t worry – I’ve got plenty more skillet dinner recipes that are perfect for busy nights when you need to feed the whole family.
We also have a slow cooker sausage and ravioli recipe, just toss it in and have dinner ready for later.
How To Make Skillet Ravioli
First, brown the meat in a little oil and drain off any excess grease. Stir in all of the tomato ingredients with the spices, then add the water and pasta.
Cover and cook for about 10 minutes before adding the shredded cheese. Broil until golden brown and bubbly, then top with fresh basil and Parmesan. That’s all there is to it!
Enjoy this skillet dinner on its own or add a salad and some crusty bread to round out your plate.
- Hot Italian sausage – Grab your favorite spicy blend, whether it’s made with chicken, pork, or turkey. You could also substitute a mild or sweet mixture if you don’t want the extra heat.
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes – Using these in place of crushed or plain diced tomatoes gives recipes an extra depth of flavor so it seems like they’ve been cooked all day long!
- Italian cheese blend – While I typically caution against bagged shreds, this recipe is an exception. It’s more budget-friendly to grab a package, but feel free to substitute 1 pound of your favorite Italian cheeses instead. I like to do 8 ounces of mozzarella, 4 ounces provolone, and 4 ounces Romano or Asiago.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I save leftover skillet ravioli?
Bold of you to assume there will be leftovers! If so, transfer them to an airtight container once cooled and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Reheat individual servings of skillet ravioli in the microwave or on the stove until warmed through and melty once again.
How can I double this recipe?
That would be tricky since everything just manages to fit in a large pan. You could probably pull it off with a very large and wide dutch oven (over 6 quarts) but pay extra close attention to how the pasta is cooked.
Otherwise, the safest route would be to measure out double the ingredients and divide them between two pans. Then, broil each one separately since that step only requires a few minutes.
My meat and potatoes loving husband insisted that this was the meal I serve at our holiday get together. We love one-pot meals. I mean delicious dinner and easy clean up. How can you beat that?
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Soup Recipes
Skillet Ravioli and Sausage + Video
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounce package bulk hot Italian sausage, chicken, turkey or pork
- 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 16 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 25 ounces frozen mini round cheese ravioli
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to skillet. Stir occasionally until cooked through.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Add water and ravioli. Stir and cover. Cook 10 minutes or until ravioli is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Add 4 ounces of Italian cheese blend to skillet and gently fold in to combine. Sprinkle the remaining 12 ounces over the top of the skillet.
- Broil in oven for 2-4 minutes until the top is bubbly and golden brown. Watch carefully cheese can turn crispy in a blink.
- Remove from oven with oven mitts!! Sprinkle fresh grated Parmesan cheese over top, garnish with fresh basil, serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2012, updated and republished September 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.