One-Pot Jambalaya Pasta with chicken, Andouille sausage, shrimp, and all the Cajun flavor your palate can handle! This twist on the classic Louisiana dish will knock your socks off.
One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
One-Pot Pasta Dinners are my go-to weeknight meal. They taste great and everything cooks in one pot.
Yes, even the pasta cooks in the pot! Cooking everything in one skillet or one pot makes meal prep and clean up easy.
The slow simmer on the stove combines the flavors with minimal effort. When you are looking for a no-fuss family dinner, one-pot meals are the best choice.
I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor. I’m back this month with another quick and easy one pot meal. One Pot Jambalaya Pasta is packed with cajun flavor.
How To Make One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
The entire meal cooks in less than 35 minutes and is made with the freshest flavors.
Combine chicken, Cajun seasoning, Andouille sausage, shrimp, peppers, tomatoes, pasta, cheese and a few other simple ingredients in one pot to make dinner easy.
Top the pasta with freshly chopped chives before serving.
Helpful Tips to make One-Pot Jambalaya Pasta:
- You can prep the ingredients in advance.
- Adapt the recipe to fit your taste by adding more cajun seasoning if you like even spicier cajun flavor.
Add an additional 2 ounces of cream cheese if you like it creamier. Or omit the cheese and sauce all together to make it dairy-free.
You can even substitute some tomato sauce for the cheese to add additional flavor.
- You can omit the shrimp if desired. Simply leave it out of the recipe.
- This pasta tastes great (if not better) as leftovers so save some for later and reheat just prior to serving.
What you will need to make One-Pot Jambalaya Pasta:
- Skillet – The entire meal cooks in one skillet to make prep and clean up easy.
- Cutting board – A high-quality cutting board comes in handy when prepping this meal.
- Garlic Press – A garlic press is a necessary tool in any kitchen to add fresh minced garlic flavor.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other One Pot Recipe Links
One Pot Jambalaya Pasta + Video
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces Andouille sausage
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced chives, for garnish
- Season chicken with one tablespoon Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- In a 12” pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to the pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and sausage and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, sliced peppers, tomatoes, and remaining Cajun seasoning. Stir then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir, add shrimp to the pan, recover and simmer an additional 7 minutes. Uncover and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2018, updated and republished February 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.