Sausage Cornbread Stuffing is simply delicious, and SO easy to make! This recipe creates a flavorful, moist dressing for your holiday menu!
Happy Wednesday!!! I can’t believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We are blessed to be spending the day with my in laws, and I will be cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for us on Friday. I will share those recipes in the coming weeks, I am very excited!!! When we had out Turkey dinner earlier in the month I was able to prepare all the dishes that I wanted.
The Herb Roasted Turkey was amazing, and it made a heavenly gravy. It was my first turkey ever and also the best one I have ever eaten. Two sides that have to go with every Thanksgiving that I partake in are mashed potatoes and corn. So, I decided to try some new dishes.
The mashed potatoes were divine. Talk about a dream come true for this lover of potatoes!!! The next dish I tried was the Corn and Bacon Casserole. Definitely a match made in heaven. However, Mr. W. did not like this dish at all. I am sure it was the onion and sour cream.
For the most impressive looking dessert ever, I made a Peanut Butter Cookie Chocolate Trifle.
Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
But I feel like we missed something. What else must I have to make my Thanksgiving dinner complete??? Ahhhh, stuffing!!! This Sausage Cornbread Stuffing was simply delicious and not one bite went to waste. It was a hit with Mr Picky pants, Em and also with me, truth be told I had more than serving. So glad we went with a light dessert.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 cup chopped onions, or grated
- 8 sausage links
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Simple Unsweetened Cornbread
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, or make your own
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all cornbread ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.. Pour batter into a greased 8×8" baking dish. Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cut corn bread into small chunks and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Set aside, uncovered.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage links until cooked through. Allow to cool and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- If your oven has been turned off, preheat again to 350°F.
- Add onion to pan with sausage drippings and sauté over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until transparent.
- Add onions, sausage, sage, salt, pepper, eggs and broth to bowl with cornbread. Stir to thoroughly combine. Pour mixture into a buttered 8×8" baking dish or casserole dish.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until stuffing is cooked through.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2011.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.