Maple bacon ice cream is a creamy, no-churn delight featuring bits of real bacon and a hint of maple syrup. Enjoy it for dessert tonight!
It only takes 5 simple ingredients to create a buttery, rich, and delicious treat!
This maple ice cream is speckled with crumbled bacon for a salty surprise that perfectly complements the natural sweetness of the dessert.
Maple Bacon Ice Cream – Helpful Tips and Tricks
- No-fuss crispy bacon. I like to cook bacon in the oven since it doesn’t require much monitoring and clean up is a breeze. You could also chop up the strips while they are cold and crisp them in a pan on the stove. Then, all you have to do is drain off the fat and they’re ready to use!
- Make it extra sweet. Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the strips of bacon about halfway through cooking to create a caramelized crust over the top.
- Keep it fresh. If you won’t be enjoying this right away, place the loaf pan in a large storage bag to prevent ice crystals or freezer burn. You could also cover tightly with plastic wrap or use a lid if your container comes with one.
- Want something boozy? Add a splash of your favorite bourbon to the condensed milk mixture. Because the alcohol can’t be cooked out, this addition is only for the adult crowd.
- Create new flavors. Use the base of heavy cream and condensed milk to come up with new creations. Simply swap out the extracts and mix-ins based on what sounds good.
Extra Mix-In Options
Add ½ cup of chopped walnuts or pretzels to your maple ice cream for some crunch or try chocolate chips for an extra sweet twist.
Just before serving, drizzle a little extra maple syrup or caramel sauce over the top. Even a few salt flakes would be delicious!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
How long does no-churn ice cream last?
Since we always manage to gobble it up right away, it never lasts long in our house!
That being said, I’d recommend eating it all within 2 weeks for best results. Keep it well covered in the freezer and let it soften on the counter for a few minutes if it becomes too hard to scoop.
What’s the best way to serve maple bacon ice cream?
Clearly, you can enjoy a scoop of this dessert all by itself or maybe with a swirl of whipped cream on top.
To make it look extra fancy, stick a few pieces of toffee in the top as an edible garnish!
You could also whip up a batch of crisp, homemade waffles and add a scoop of the frozen treat right in the middle.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
No-Churn Maple Bacon Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, cooled, and finely chopped
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, maple syrup, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Fold most of the bacon into the sweetened condensed milk mixture, reserving some for the top.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the maple bacon mixture.
- Fold the bacon mixture into the remaining whipped cream just until combined.
- Pour the ice cream into a 9×5-inch loaf pan and sprinkle the reserved bacon on top.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight for best consistency.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.