Nice cream is a simpler version of the popular frozen treat and is ready in 5 minutes! Enjoy some today with all of your favorite toppings.
Now, when your kids want dessert for breakfast you will have no trouble saying yes!
You can even make popsicles with frozen bananas too!
What Is Nice Cream?
It’s a vegan alternative to the popular sweet treat made with frozen bananas instead of sugar and milk.
The texture of the fruit makes it silky smooth, while the natural sweetness is just enough to satisfy any craving.
Simply freeze fresh bananas in chunks, then blend until smooth!
The sky’s the limit when it comes to what goes with this tasty treat. Keep it simple with colorful sprinkles and chopped nuts, or drizzle your favorite dessert syrup over the top.
Caramel sauce is especially delicious!
Want something more indulgent? Crush up some cookies or add a spoonful of chocolate chips and a swirl of whipped cream.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Use extra ripe bananas. The darker the peel, the sweeter your dessert will be.
- Tip for freezing bananas: Line a baking sheet with wax paper and slice the fruit into coins. Lay them out in a single layer and freeze until firm, then transfer to a ziploc bag and store for up to 3 months.
- Break into chunks as needed. If you froze your fruit whole, you may not get a smooth consistency. Use your hands or a knife to create smaller pieces before blending.
- Still too thick? Feel free to add a splash of whatever dairy or plant-based milk you have on hand if needed.
- Make it ahead of time. Store in a freezer-safe container with a lid and allow it to soften on the counter before serving.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make different flavors of nice cream?
Absolutely! As long as you can blend it, you can toss it in with the frozen bananas.
Cocoa powder or chocolate syrup are easy to add, as is peanut butter or caramel. Fresh or frozen berries add a fruity twist, while a variety of warm spices can add a touch of subtle flavor.
You could even get creative with different extracts like vanilla, mint, maple, or rum!
How long does frozen banana ice cream last in the freezer?
It should stay fresh for about a week when stored in an airtight container. That means you can easily double or triple the recipe or create a few different flavors at one time to enjoy later.
Is nice cream healthier than ice cream?
That really depends on your definition of healthy, but it is allergen-friendly, lower in sugar, and lower in calories than the traditional frozen dessert.
Either way, you can feel good about enjoying it at any time of day since it’s made completely out of fruit.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
One Ingredient Nice Cream (with Frozen Bananas) + Video
- 6 frozen ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- Place the banana chunks in a blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture starts to get creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Serve immediately with a soft-serve consistency or place in a freezer safe container and freeze to serve later.
- If you decide to leave it in the freezer, just allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or so, to soften before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.