Peanut Butter Fluff + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Fluff is a decadent cream cheese dessert with a blend of flavors and textures that will make your taste buds sing! Believe it or not, you can make this scrumptious, creamy cheesecake salad in just 20 minutes!!
Every bite of this peanut butter cream cheese dessert is absolutely dreamy and delicious!
Peanut Butter Fluff
The peanut butter flavor isn’t too overpowering, and there are little bits of crunchy peanuts scattered throughout.
Plus, this peanut butter fluff recipe is loaded with chopped-up sandwich cookies and peanut butter cups, so it’s sure to satisfy any chocoholic.
A drizzle of homemade ganache puts it right over the top!
I’ve got plenty of other cheesecake salad recipes to choose from, whether you’re craving something extra sweet or a little bit fruity.
There’s even an Oreo fluff with just the cookies but no peanut butter, so it’s a great option for anyone with nut allergies!
How To Make Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dessert Salad
- Separately prepare the cream cheese mixture and whipped cream.
Prepare the cheesecake mixture in one bowl and whip up the heavy cream in another. Combine the two by folding them into each other until well incorporated.
- Add the cookies and peanut butter cups.
Stir in the chopped-up Oreos and peanut butter cups, saving a handful to sprinkle on as a garnish.
- Transfer peanut butter fluff to a bowl and top with ganache.
Spoon the peanut butter and cream cheese dessert into a serving bowl, then drizzle homemade ganache over the top.
Once it’s all put together, all that’s left to do is dig in!
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Create a silkier texture. Substitute regular milk for part or all of the heavy cream in the cream cheese mixture.
- Add some variety. Feel free to stir chocolate chips, peanut butter morsels, or even some Reese’s Pieces into the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture for extra crunch!
- Want to save some time? Instead of whipping the cream by hand, substitute a container of Cool Whip instead.
Be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before using it in this peanut butter fluff recipe.
You can also replace the ganache with chocolate syrup or hot fudge if you prefer.
- Allow the ganache to cool. A few minutes should do it, just so it’s slightly warm to the touch.
Otherwise, the heat will melt the creamy filling of the peanut butter fluff.
Peanut Butter Fluff Recipe FAQ
You can whip up the cream cheese mixture and fold in the whipped cream, then cover and store in the refrigerator up to a day ahead of time.
I recommend stirring the candies and cookies into the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture just before serving since they will become soft and fall apart the longer the dessert sits.
Cover peanut butter fluff tightly with plastic or transfer to an airtight container and store for up to 2 days.
However, this peanut butter cream cheese dessert is definitely best eaten the same day that it is made.
No, it must be the instant variety so check the label carefully. If your store does not carry it in the cheesecake flavor, you can find it online here.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other No Bake Peanut Butter Desserts
Peanut Butter Fluff + Video
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3.4 ounces instant cheesecake pudding mix, unprepared
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided (plus a bit more for the ganache drizzle)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (halved or quartered)
- 15 ounces Reese’s peanut butter cups, we used 10 ounces standard size and 5 ounces of mini cups
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add unprepared cheesecake pudding mix and beat until fully combined. The mixture will be chunky.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, (or an electric hand mixer) running on low speed, slowly incorporate, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, a total of 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Beat well between each addition of cream.Add powdered sugar to the cheesecake mixture and continue beating until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat remaining 1 ½ cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Use a spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture until fully incorporated.
- Chop Oreo cookies and Reese’s peanut butter cups into large chunks. Stir cookies and peanut butter cups into the cheesecake mixture, reserving a few to garnish the top of the dessert.
- Transfer the cream cheese dessert to a serving bowl and top with reserved candy/cookies.
- For a chocolate ganache topping, heat ½ cup chocolate chips with 3 tablespoons of heavy cream for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Whisk together the cream and chocolate until fully combined and silky smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the top of the prepared dessert and serve more on the side for drizzling over individual portions.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2021, updated and republished April 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
I love cream cheese and most cheesecake type desserts. This was no exception, absolutely delicious. It also did not take long to make which is a huge benefit to me.