Jalapeno Popper Bacon Mac and Cheese is a flavorful and simple recipe ready in just 30 minutes. The gloriously rich and creamy cheese sauce is built on bacon drippings and sauteed jalapenos. Three different kinds of cheese are added to create the most delicious mac and cheese ever to cross your lips. A full pound of bacon is mixed into the creamy mac and cheese for the perfect bite. This recipe is one for the record books!
With a picky eating family, mac and cheese is a staple in my house. Munchkin’s favorite dish is Cheese Lover’s Mac and Cheese with Broccoli and Chad could eat Jack Daniel’s Smoky Bacon Mac and Cheese until the cows come home. But, I have been craving something different. I have been on a jalapeno popper flavor kick lately. I can’t get enough and one night, our mac and cheese dinner was destined to be something even more spectacular.
As I set out to make our old favorite skillet mac and cheese, something happened. I opened the cheese drawer and found a pound of bacon. I knew that of course we had jalapenos in the veggie drawer (a staple in every southwest home) and my head started spinning with the possibilities. I took my beloved jalapeno poppers flavors and used the components in our mac and cheese dinner and turned out our NEW favorite mac and cheese.
Our glorious cheese sauce is built on bacon drippings and sauteed jalapenos. 3 different cheeses are added to create the most delicious mac and cheese to ever cross your lips. A full pound of bacon is mixed into the creamy mac and cheese for the perfect bite.
It’s ready in just 30 minutes and will totally knock your socks off!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out our favorite recipes: Click on the image or the link and it will open each one in a new tab.
Philly Cheesesteak Mac and Cheese, loaded with roast beef, cheese and pasta. If you like Philly cheesesteaks you are going to go nuts over this pasta! In just 25 minutes you can be devouring this incredible one pot recipe.
Jack Daniel’s Mac and Cheese is loaded with hickory smoked peppered bacon, tons of ooey gooey smoky cheese and a selection of spices to wake up all your senses. This is the mac and cheese of your dreams.
Beer Bacon Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food. This restaurant quality recipe goes from prep to plate in just 25 minutes and will certainly make the Mac and Cheese Hall of Fame. I dare you to try and eat just one bowl.
One Skillet Meal: 20 Minute Cheese Lovers Mac and Cheese with Broccoli is the easiest and cheesiest macaroni and cheese ever!
Jalapeno Popper Bacon Mac and Cheese
- 16 ounces dry cellentani, corkscrew pasta
- 16 ounces thick cut bacon, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4-6 large jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed (diced)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , + more for pasta water
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 ounces Wisconsin mild cheddar cheese, 1 cup, shredded
- 8 ounces Wisconsin Colby-Jack cheese, 2 cups, shredded
- Bring an 8 quart covered pot filled with water to a boil over high heat. Once it boils, add a handful of salt and pasta. Reduce heat to medium high and cook uncovered to al dente (has a bite to it). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile warm a large 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Using clean kitchen shears cut bacon into bite size pieces over the skillet and let them to fall into the pan. Stir occasionally as needed. Cook until crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, shred cheeses and dice jalapenos.
- Once bacon is cooked through, remove bacon to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings and discard the rest. Wipe the side of the skillet to avoid flame ups.
- Pour reserved bacon drippings back into the skillet over medium heat and add butter. Once melted add jalapenos and sauté until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add flour to skillet and whisk to combine. Add salt and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine. Add cream cheese and stir until softened. Allow to come to a bubble for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally to help pick up the bits on the bottom of the pan. Add milk. Whisk to combine. Bring back to a bubble and add cheeses. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon.
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to combine. Add remaining bacon. Cook pasta in sauce for 5 minutes over medium heat until sauce thickens and the pasta has a chance to absorb some of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.