With just a few staple ingredients and a handful of the perfect herbs, you can have the best Buttermilk Ranch Dressing you have ever eaten! It is perfect on salads and an excellent marinade for pork chops too! This is a simple recipe that your whole family is going to love!
I remember growing up my favorite part about eating out was ordering a big salad with buttermilk ranch salad dressing. Well, that and loads of bread. Truth be told, I actually always ordered a double serving of dressing.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
After many years of longing for that fabulous dressing, I started working on a recipe. I use it as a dipping sauce for everything from zucchini fries to pull-apart bread. It is Ah-mazing! You can whip it up in no time flat and enjoy it immediately or put it in the fridge and let the flavors bloom.
I love all the spices and the rich and creamy consistency of this homemade salad dressing.
I like to try and chill it overnight, so all the flavors can marry. However, we are not that patient around here. It is fabulous eaten right away, but spectacular the next day.
- If you do not have buttermilk you can use a homemade buttermilk substitute.
- Don’t try this recipe with low-fat products – the flavor and consistency just aren’t the same without some fat included.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Simple Homemade Condiments
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 7 tablespoons mayonnaise, just shy of a 1/2 cup
- 4 cloves garlic , pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl combine buttermilk, sour cream and mayonnaise. Whisk until combined. Add remaining ingredients, whisk until well combined.
- Refrigerate until serving. I like to try and chill this overnight so all the flavors can marry. However, we are not that patient around her. It is fabulous eaten right away, but spectacular the next day.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2013. Updated and republished August 2019.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.