Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas loaded with veggies, chicken and a dab of guacamole. It was out of this world delicious!
Happy Wednesday Slow Roasters! It has been a fabulous week here at TSRI. We have been gardening, cooking, eating, having family time and cooking some more. Recently we have been cooking incredible recipes from a really cool blog. Herbie Likes Spaghetti which is written and developed by Bryan, YiRan, Herbie and Pepper. Herbie and Pepper are the feline furbabies of Bryan and YiRan.
It is really great to find blogs that are more of a team effort. With the added benefits of an Italian inspired blog, with the cutest furbaby pictures ever they won me over. The fabulous food really put me over the top, recipes like The Best Spaghetti all’Amatriciana which I have on the menu for next week. I am so excited to try this dish!
So as I was
scouring delicious recipes casually perusing their blog, I must have been on a Mexican food kick. Although I bookmarked Mario’s Meatballs, Veal Scallopini Picata, and Sausage with Olive and Fennel, I was drawn to this great recipe for Chicken Fajita Dinner and these Fajita-Spiced Roasted Chickpeas (which I will post Friday). I guess that is proof that the tummy wants what the tummy wants. So, I set out to make Chicken Fajita’s. Chad was semi-excited. Grilled chicken in a wrap, didn’t sound bad. But, I tell you… After he ate the chicken, he declared it the most delicious chicken he has ever eaten.
The Tex-Mex flavor was fantabulous! I made an incredible Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce (I will share this next Monday) and Skinny Guacamole to go with this dish. I spread some yogurt sauce on my wrap, then loaded with veggies, chicken and a dab of guacamole. It was out of this world delicious!
So, I am off to put some more on the grill after I finish this post. Try these, you will LOVE them!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
The Best Ever! Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico chili powder
- propellant free olive oil spray
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika and chili powder.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Lay chicken breasts on a sheet pan and spritz well with olive oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture and rub in. After spice mixture is well rubbed into chicken. Allow chicken to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill.
- Prepare veggies by cutting them into strip about 1/4″ thick. All veggies should be about the same size so the will cook evenly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. (I skipped to the next step while the pan was heating, placed chicken on the grill and came back to cook vegetables). Drizzle about 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil in pan. Add veggies, a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste) and stir occasionally until onions become translucent. This will take about 20 minutes. Be careful that you do not over cook or under cook the vegetables.
- Next, place chicken breast on grill. I used a tabletop grill and left it on the first side about 6-8 minutes and then flipped it and left it on the other side 6-8 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165°.
- Remove chicken and set on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Slice chicken thin and serve with cooked vegetables.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.