These Breakfast Sliders are loaded with sausage, egg, and cheese for a perfectly portable meal. Serve for dinner or game day parties too!
Make ahead egg and sausage breakfast sandwiches really are one of my favorite meal prep ideas.
If you change up the ingredients, you can have enough slider recipes to enjoy a different breakfast or lunch almost every day!
Our Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders are the perfect make ahead meal! We like to serve them for game day, and let me tell you, they are amazingly convenient for tailgating!
Chad calls them a ‘handful of yum’ – can’t beat that endorsement!
All of your favorite breakfast fixins come together with the most amazing and unexpected glaze to create one delicious breakfast sliders recipe.
Breakfast sausage is such a versatile ingredient that I use it often in our breakfast recipes, including these Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders.
Have you had a chance to try our cheesy sausage bombs? Our savory monkey bread is another favorite hearty breakfast idea that uses breakfast sausage.
If you’re craving a restaurant classic, try our Moons Over My Hammy — ready in only 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for a dinner recipe that uses sage breakfast sausage, you have got to try this delicious sausage gravy and drop biscuit skillet recipe.
You can have it on the table in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for brinner on a busy night.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Easily customize these sausage egg and cheese breakfast sliders to suit your tastes!
- Try a different meat. I love the flavor of pork sausage, but bacon or turkey bacon is just as delicious. Or, for a less greasy option, use slices of deli ham.
- Use biscuits or bagels. Baked slider recipes typically call for Hawaiian rolls because the buns are conveniently connected together.
However, you can layer baked biscuits or mini bagels in your baking dish instead!
- Swap out the cheese. Instead of Pepper Jack and American, try cheddar or Swiss. Provolone is tasty too, especially if you use deli ham.
- Make them less sweet. Use the same amount of butter but reduce the amount of maple syrup.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Large Skillet – Be sure to use a skillet that’s at least 12 inches in diameter.
- 9×13 Baking Dish – This baking dish set is my favorite! It comes with a lid for easy storage and is great for casseroles too.
- Bread Knife – The serrated edge of a bread knife glides easily through the slab of rolls without shredding or tearing.
Make Ahead Instructions
Enjoy stress free morning meals with make ahead egg and sausage breakfast sandwiches!
Take some time on the weekend to whip up this breakfast sandwich recipe. Then, enjoy it throughout the week.
For tailgate sandwiches, use a disposable foil pan or wrap each slider individually in foil, so everything stays warm.
You can also make the sausage egg and cheese breakfast sliders a day ahead and pop them in the oven before the big game.
Breakfast Sliders FAQ
Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders are easily a complete meal on their own!
Although, if you want to add something else to the meal, fresh fruit is always a good idea. I often make a big bowl of fruit salad because it goes well with the sliders, plus it stays fresh in the fridge for the entire week.
You sure can! Use a 24-count package of rolls and scale up the ingredients. Or, simply make several batches at the same time.
Since the larger count rolls are a bit smaller, crumble the sausage or bake it in a rectangular slab (on a baking sheet) instead of forming tiny individual patties. The cheese holds everything together!
How To Store Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders
Once the sausage egg and cheese sandwiches are cooled, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag.
They will stay good in the fridge for 4 to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you want to have one for breakfast, just pop it in the oven for a few minutes while you’re getting ready for the day.
By the time you’re ready to eat, you’ll have a hot egg and sausage slider ready for you to eat!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Breakfast Recipes
Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- 24 ounces ground pork sausage, 2 breakfast sausage rolls, like Jimmy Dean
- 12 Hawaiian buns, or other slider buns
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Warm large skillet over medium heat. Form sausage into 12 patties, slightly larger than one dinner roll. Add sausage to skillet and cook until completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, cut rolls in half lengthwise (without breaking apart). Place bottom half of rolls in 7×10-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish; set tops aside.
- Scoop scrambled eggs onto bottom rolls; top with pepper jack. Place sausage on top of pepper jack and top with American cheese. Carefully top with top buns.
- Combine melted butter and maple syrup in small bowl. Brush over tops of rolls allowing sauce to drip down sides and into bottom. Use entire amount.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Serve and enjoy!
- To make for tailgating, use a disposable foil pan, or wrap sliders individually in foil to keep warm. Sliders can also be prepared a day ahead and popped in the oven before the big game.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2017, updated and republished January 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.