Caramel Butterscotch Cookies are rich and chewy and loaded with caramel and butterscotch flavor, sure to be your new favorite cookie. A simple recipe with an amazing texture, the cookies are out of this world.
With a strong craving for butterscotch cookies and a desire to try something new, I set my sight on making a new version.
This time of year everyone is all about cookies and certainly making something out of the ordinary is a nice change.
Caramel Butterscotch Cookies
I took one of my favorite recipes and gave it a little twist. These are the most amazing caramel butterscotch cookies ever. They are soft and chewy with burst of flavor.
I remember the first time I made these my daughter was just about 3. It was so cute watching her standing on a chair trying to peek into the bowl of my stand mixer as it twirled around.
Her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree as I pulled out a mason jar filled with homemade No Fail Caramel Sauce and poured it into the cookie mixture.
The anticipation is enough to knock you out as the aroma comes wafting through the house, but these cookies are worth it.
We love these and I am sure you will too!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Scrumptious Cookies to Bake
Caramel Butterscotch Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, I use No Fail Caramel Sauce from The Slow Roasted Italian website
- 2 cups butterscotch chips, or an 11 ounce bag
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or electric mixer) on medium speed; cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and blend. Add caramel and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and blend until combined. Add chips and blend well one final time.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scooper (or a rounded teaspoon utensil) drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to cooling rack and allow cookies to cool completely (or eat immediately).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2015.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.