Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake is ready in just 30 minutes and loaded with pre-cooked chicken, red peppers and plenty of cheese.
Chad and I are excited to share with you that we are now authoring a blog for Dash Recipes (from the editors of PARADE). The Simple Kitchen – creating delicious meals in a snap! This is an evolution of TSRI’s “Simply Delicious” dishes that we were sharing with you.
You can now see these new delicious dishes exclusively on Dash Recipes, every week. Check us out, you are going to love these recipes!
This week we are sharing a quick and easy dinner that goes from prep to plate in 30 minutes. It is so delicious that Chad, Munchkin and I devoured this dish! The secret ingredient really makes this dish pop! 30 Minute Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
30-Minute Cheesy Baked Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained (I use a garlic marinated variety)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 pound mini penne pasta
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill a large pot with water, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add a handful of salt and dry pasta.Cook pasta to al dente, meaning it still has a little bite to it. Al dente pasta will absorb the sauce better as it bakes in the oven.
- Meanwhile, add drained red peppers to a food processor or blender and process on High speed to puree.Add pureed peppers into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add ricotta, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and basil and whisk to combine. Allow sauce to simmer while pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta, reserving at least ½ cup pasta water and return cooked pasta to the cooking pot. Add reserved pasta water to sauce and whisk to combine. Pour sauce into pot with cooked penne, add cooked chopped chicken, and stir to combine. Transfer to a casserole dish and cover with slices of mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.