This Easter Trifle, inspired by the Cadbury Cream Egg, is the ultimate Easter dessert. A simple 5-ingredient recipe that is ready in just 10 minutes — it doesn’t get much better than that!
My “Ode to the Cadbury Egg Trifle” — this is one that I knocked out of the park!
A fabulous dessert that you are not going to want to share, this Easter trifle requires a mere 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time.
With flavors and textures inspired by everyone’s favorite Cadbury Cream Egg, plus some festive sprinkles on top, this is the best Easter trifle dessert out there.
How To Make Cadbury Cream Egg Trifle
Start with a base layer of crushed Oreo cookies in each trifle dish. Use the Spring version for an extra pop of color!
Creating my own homemade marshmallow fluff proved to be fabulously rewarding. All I did was add a little water to the mini marshmallows and microwaved them.
Viola, marshmallow fluff!
On top of that, I added vanilla pudding (which, luckily, is yellow). Then, a layer of chocolate and more marshmallow fluff. Tada!
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Use the right pudding. Be sure to grab a box of Instant pudding, which sets quickly and doesn’t need to be cooked.
- Milk chocolate is best. And because this best Easter trifle dessert recipe is so simple, be sure to use high quality chocolate! The flavor really makes a difference.
- Want some extra color? Add a few drops of yellow food coloring to your marshmallow, then whip.
- Add toppings! A sprinkle of pastel confetti sprinkles and a mini Cadbury creme egg adds a festive touch to each Easter trifle.
Best East Trifle Dessert FAQ
The chocolate shells are filled with fondant, which is dyed to look like the inside of an egg.
Basically, Cadbury creme filling is extra gooey sugar!
It is possible, yes. Just keep in mind that the crushed Oreo layer at the bottom will likely become soggy.
This Easter trifle comes together so quickly, that it’s best to make it fresh. However, you could prep the cookie and pudding layers in advance, then make the marshmallow fluff just before assembling.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Trifle Recipes
Easter Trifle + Video
- 12 Oreo Cookies, I used Spring variety
- 4 cups marshmallows, about 2/3 of a 16-ounce bag
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3.4 ounce box French vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- Pour marshmallows into a large microwave-safe bowl, drizzle water over top. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine pudding mix and milk. Beat with a whisk for 2 minutes. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chop Oreo’s and add to the bottom of four trifle dishes. Chop the chocolate and set aside. Add about ¼ cup marshmallow to trifle, over top of Oreo’s. Top marshmallow with pudding.
- Add about ½ cup per dish. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate and finish with a dollop of marshmallow.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published March 2013, Updated and republished March 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.