Chocolate Caramel Turtle Dessert Trifle is an easy recipe for a simple but seriously decadent layered trifle! With perfectly chewy brownies made from scratch, plus whipped cream, hot fudge, pecans and ooey-gooey caramel, this turtle dessert is outrageously scrumptious!!!
Sometimes all you need is a spoon. Chocolate covered brownie, caramel and nuts… Oh, my. This turtle trifle is the perfect dessert for any occasion! An easy recipe that comes together in a snap, this is one for the permanent file.
I am honored to be the official dessert-bringer to all family gatherings. This past Christmas, I let time get away from me, so I needed something super fabulous and I needed it super fast.
Having a pan of Fudgy Brownies left from the homemade gifts we give out each year, I decided to create a fabulous trifle inspired by one of Chad’s favorite candies.
Turtle Dessert Trifle
Are you a lover of all things chocolate, caramel and pecans? That’s what a turtle candy is, and we take a step further, by adding a layer of the best fudgy brownies from scratch. This turtle brownie trifle is a hit!
- If you plan to travel with this chocolate caramel dessert, you can save time by making everything ahead. Although, to prevent a mess, I recommend waiting to assemble the brownie trifles until you get to your destination.
If you need to assemble the dessert beforehand, carry them in a cooler with ice packs around them so they don’t break.
- You can use any brownies that you like. Store bought brownies are great in a pinch.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Trifle Desserts
Chocolate Caramel Turtle Dessert Trifle
- 1 8-inch trifle bowl or 8 individual trifle cups or parfait glasses
- Whip heavy cream in a medium bowl using a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue to whisk until whipped cream is firm, or to your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup brownie bites to each trifle dish. Drizzle 1 tablespoon (or more if the mood strikes you) hot fudge sauce over brownie.
- Dollop 2 tablespoons vanilla whipped cream over top. Add 2 tablespoons brownies and drizzle 1 tablespoon (or more) caramel sauce over brownie layer. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For this trifle, we used a full batch of our Fudgy Brownies recipe, which is baked in a 12x18x2-inch cake pan. You can use any type of store bought or homemade brownies that you enjoy.
- I made 8 individual trifles. If you’re making one large trifle, layer it the same way as written, but use enough of each ingredient to cover the surface of the bowl.
- For individual trifles, wine glasses, trifle cups, and parfait glasses all work well. For one large trifle, use an 8-inch trifle bowl.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2013. Updated and republished December 2019.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.