This Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe is a must-have for an easy lunch or summer gatherings like picnics and potlucks. Plus, making chicken salad with rotisserie chicken is a huge time saver!
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
Made with a beautifully seasoned creamy sauce, juicy shredded chicken, zesty lemon juice, and toasted almonds, this classic chicken salad recipe is bound to be a family favorite.
Starting with a rotisserie chicken saves you time and gives you lots of vibrant flavor.
It doesn’t matter if you are in the mood to be lazy or just need a quick meal, rotisserie chicken will always save the day.
Classic Chicken Salad Tips and Tricks
- No rotisserie chicken? No problem! Swap it for 2 large cooked chicken breasts instead. It will still be tender and delicious.
- Don’t forget the dark meat. I know it’s tempting to just use white meat, but the leg and thigh are where most of the flavor is. Shred it off the bones and add it in!
- In a hurry? If you don’t have time to chill rotisserie chicken salad, you can eat it right away.
The flavor will be more robust if you do have time to put it in the fridge, but it’s not required.
- Toasting the almonds. To give the almonds an extra crunch and deeper flavor, toast them.
Bake for 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees or toss in the microwave for 30-second intervals for a total of 2 – 2 ½ minutes.
- Slice the celery thin. Keeping the celery small will give you a nice crunch, but it won’t overwhelm your classic chicken salad.
- Add some variety! You can easily swap the Dijon mustard for yellow mustard.
You can add extra scallions for some added heat, or leave the almonds out completely. This rotisserie chicken salad recipe is completely customizable!
While this rotisserie chicken salad recipe is amazing as a chicken salad sandwich, there are plenty of other creative ways you can serve it.
If you do serve it as a sandwich, it’s great when topped with lettuce and tomatoes.
Put classic chicken salad on a platter with mini bell peppers, crackers, pretzels, or crunchy breadsticks. Eat it like a dip!
Or, place a dollop of rotisserie chicken salad in the center of a large piece of lettuce or tortilla then roll it into a wrap.
It also makes a really tasty topper for a veggie salad!
Rotisserie Chicken Salad FAQ
While I typically shred it, you can certainly chop it if you prefer. The way you cut the meat won’t affect the flavor of chicken salad with rotisserie chicken, just the texture.
Sure! Adding more seasonings is a great way to add some extra pizzazz to this classic chicken salad recipe. Paprika, onion powder, and anything else you like will work. Fresh herbs are a great addition as well. Freshly chopped chives or dill are pretty delicious options.
Leftover chicken salad with rotisserie chicken should be kept in a tightly sealed container in the fridge. It will last for 3 to 4 days.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Sandwich Recipes
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers, optional
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Chill for 1 hours for best flavor.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2021, updated and republished May 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.