Tuscan Lemon Muffins are made with ricotta cheese and olive oil and have the perfect Tuscan flavor and the best texture.
Fall and comfort food seem to go hand in hand. This week has been the perfect time to break out all my favorite comfort dishes and desserts. Lemon and cheese are 2 of my three comfort sweets, chocolate being the third. Not to be a snob, but chocolate and lemon… Not my thing.
Looking for something different, try our banana nut muffins that are soft and delicious.
Tuscan Lemon Muffins
These lemon muffins are so special. Made with ricotta cheese and olive oil they have the perfect Tuscan flavor and the best texture. My whole family raved over these. So easy your kids could make these. No blender, one bowl. Whisk scoop and bake! Perfect.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Muffin Recipes
Tuscan Lemon Muffins
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour, 1 3/4 cups
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, + 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Make a well in center. Add ricotta, water, oil, zest, lemon juice and egg. Whisk ingredients together until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over muffins. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe adapted from Cooking Light May 2011
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.