Banana pudding cheesecake salad is the perfect balance of light and sweet, with an incredibly silky texture. Make it today in just 20 minutes!
Combine the rich flavors of banana pudding and cheesecake into one irresistible dessert! It comes together with very little effort, and you never have to turn on your oven.
Another delicious no-bake option is this easy banana ice box cake. It makes enough to feed a crowd and can be kept in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
I’ve got plenty of other cheesecake salad recipes for you to try as well, each one just as delicious as the last.
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Salad
Whip together the cream cheese mixture and additional heavy cream in separate bowls before folding the two together.
Add the cookies, marshmallows, and banana to the cheesecake mixture and gently stir to combine.
Transfer to a serving bowl, then top with extra mix-ins as garnish!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Prevent browning. Coat the bananas with a little lemon juice immediately after slicing. This helps them keep their natural color, and the lemon blends nicely with the other flavors in the fruit cheesecake salad.
- Quickly soften cream cheese. Place a fully unwrapped block on a microwave safe plate and heat on High for 15 seconds. If it’s still too firm in the center, add 5 second increments until soft throughout.
- Want to prep in advance? Combine the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream and refrigerate up to 24 hours ahead of time. Slice the bananas and fold them in with the other ingredients just before serving.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Recipe FAQ
How ripe should the bananas be?
The peel should be completely yellow (without any green), preferably with a few brown speckles. This is when the fruit starts to get extra sweet, and the flavor will be strong enough to come through in the dish.
Once the peel is covered in speckles or has large patches of brown, the fruit will be too soft to hold its shape.
Can I use Cool Whip for banana pudding cheesecake salad?
Sure! Be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator first, or let it float for 30 to 40 minutes in a bowl of cold water if you’re short on time.
You can also replace the heavy cream in the pudding mixture with regular milk instead. Not only will it cut back on the amount of fat, but it may save you an extra trip to the store!
How long does this fruit cheesecake salad last in the fridge?
When covered with plastic or stored in an airtight container, it will keep for up to 2 days.
Keep in mind that the Nilla wafers will start to soften as soon as they are added to the cream cheese mixture.
While still delicious, I find that this dish is best when eaten the same day that it is made.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Delicious Banana Desserts
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Salad
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3.4 ounce package of instant vanilla pudding mix, unprepared
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided (plus a bit more for the ganache drizzle)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Nilla wafer cookies
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 medium bananas, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla pudding mixture and beat until fully combined (mixture will be chunky).
- With the mixer (or hand beater) running on low speed, slowly drizzle 1 ½ cups of the
- heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Beat well between the addition of small amounts (add only 1 tablespoon at a time).
- Add powdered sugar to the cheesecake mixture and continue beating until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat remaining 1 ½ cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture until fully incorporated.
- Slice bananas into thick slices. Drizzle with lemon juice to reduce browning.
- Gently fold banana slices, Nilla wafers, and miniature marshmallows into the cheesecake mixture, reserving a few to garnish the top of the salad.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with reserved bananas, marshmallows, and cookies.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.