If you’ve been looking for the easiest dessert recipe ever, you’ve found it!! My 3 Ingredient Cheesecake comes together in just 5 minutes with only a handful of ingredients to boot. Customize it however you want and voila! Dessert is served. You’ll just have to be patient as it sets in the fridge… that’s right, this is a no bake recipe too!!
3 Ingredient Cheesecake
Picture this: you’ve just been tasked with coming up with a tasty dessert option for an upcoming party.
Before the panic sets in, don’t worry… this 3 ingredient cheesecake is about to save the day!
Those who know me know that I love me some cheesecake. So much so that I’ve got dozens of cheesecake and cheesecake-inspired recipes up on the site!
As I was looking at my collection of recipes recently, I realized that I was missing a simple, no fuss, no bake cheesecake recipe.
Something that would come together in a flash with just a few ingredients that you could personalize to your liking.
That’s how I came up with this easy 3 ingredient cheesecake no-bake recipe! Serve as is, or make it your own.
No matter which way you decide to do it, I’m sure you’re going to love it!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Cream Cheese – The obvious key ingredient for this dessert is, of course, cream cheese!
I recommend bringing it to room temperature before you get started as it makes the entire process a lot easier.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – I’m using heavy whipping cream in the batter for its texture, creamy consistency, and stability.
When whipped, the cream will help your 3 ingredient cheesecake set properly. Skip it (or replace it with something else) and you’ll end up with a runny mess!
- Powdered Sugar – I always use powdered sugar in recipes like this one as it guarantees a smooth finish.
No need to worry about any undissolved sugar granules!
- Crust – Yes, this is a 3 ingredient cheesecake recipe, but you do need some sort of crust to contain your simple batter!
I like a graham cracker best — make it yourself or go the store-bought route. An Oreo crust would be delicious as well!
Alternatively, you could also serve this treat without a crust. Simply chill it in a bowl instead.
Tips and Tricks to Make Perfect No Bake Cheesecake
- Slow and steady mixing.
This recipe is incredibly simple and easy to make, but that doesn’t mean you can just throw all of the ingredients into a bowl and then mix.
You need to be careful and intentional as you create your 3 ingredient cheesecake batter.
Add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in increments to the cream cheese.
This will give you a smoother texture and ensures that everything is well incorporated, without overmixing!
- A hand mixer is best.
While you could get away with making this 3 ingredient cheesecake recipe with a whisk and a little bit of elbow grease, a hand mixer will make things a lot easier.
Set the speed to medium and follow the gentle mixing instructions above. And again, do not overmix as this can lead to a very dense cheesecake.
The goal here is smooth and creamy!
- Proper chilling is extremely important.
Once you taste this cheesecake batter, you’re going to want to dig in right away — trust me, I’ve been there!
Although it may be difficult to resist temptation, you absolutely have to let this cheesecake chill for at least 3-4 hours.
That said, like with all no bake recipes, letting it set overnight is better. In fact, this recipe will come out even better the longer you let it set.
So, don’t be afraid to make it up to 24 hours before you plan on serving!
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature
- Prepare the crust if making from scratch
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Mixing Bowls – I like to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all.
- Electric Hand Mixer – I’ve had this one in my kitchen forever, and it still works beautifully.
- Pie Dish – This is my everyday pie dish, but it’s pretty enough to use for guests too.
There are so many different directions you could go in with this easy 3 ingredient cheesecake no-bake recipe.
I’ve served it with chopped nuts, fresh berries, caramel sauce, chocolate shavings… whatever you’re in the mood for!
Some other yummy topping options are strawberry sauce, lemon curd, crumbled Oreo cookies, or a drizzle of peanut butter.
I could go on and on, but I think you get the gist!
Another fun idea for a party is to create a cheesecake decorating station. Line up a variety of toppings and let your guests decide for themselves!
If you’re looking for inspiration, be sure to check out all of my no bake cheesecake recipes!
Every time I’ve brought this dessert to a party, it’s gone FAST — so you may not even have any leftovers!
But if you do, they will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Make sure to cover it with some plastic wrap to prevent any odors from other food from messing with the flavor.
No bake cheesecake also freezes wonderfully. Wrap it in several layers of plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Let it thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
3 Ingredient Cheesecake Recipe FAQ
The key is in that all-important chilling time! Remember, my easy 3 ingredient cheesecake is no-bake, so it needs ample time in the fridge. 3-4 hours is the minimum, and overnight is always best!
I like powdered sugar for its smooth texture, but you could experiment with other sweeteners for this easy 3 ingredient cheesecake no-bake recipe if you’d like.
Confectioners’ sugar or a sugar substitute designed specifically for baking could also work. Just keep in mind that the texture and sweetness may change!
Room-temperature cream cheese helps a lot! Adding the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar gradually will also give your cheesecake the smooth texture you’re after.
Work carefully and slowly and you shouldn’t run into any issues!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
3-Ingredient Cheesecake (Easy No Bake Recipe)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, 2 blocks, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 9- inch Graham cracker pie crust, store-bought or homemade (optional)
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it becomes fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture, in increments so the texture is nice and smooth.
- Mix on medium speed until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the Graham cracker crust or chill right in the bowl.
- Spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until the cheesecake mixture is firm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2024
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.