20 Minute Homemade Taco Bowls – Better than Takeout
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
20 Minute Homemade Taco Bowls is a fun twist on taco night an amazing homemade spice mix, homemade baked taco bowls and LEAN GROUND TURKEY!
I love parties. Give me any excuse or no excuse and I am off planning one. Birthday parties, holiday parties, Christmas parties, and taco parties (just to name a few). I love them all but, an any occasion taco party is so much fun! Loaded with taco shells, toppings and the perfectly seasoned filling; simplicity is the true theme here. With fun easy to make baked taco bowls, this fun twist on an ordinary taco night is just what your family night needs!
This is a fun twist on taco night an amazing homemade spice mix (you really need to check out the recipe), homemade baked taco bowls and LEAN GROUND TURKEY! Yes, made with lean ground turkey that is so moist your guests will never know the difference. Chad (he’s anti-turkey) was very surprised to hear this was turkey!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Other Easy Recipes
Homemade Taco Bowls
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 10” skillet over medium high heat, cook ground turkey until brown.
- Meanwhile: Microwave tortillas until they are soft and pliable (about 30 seconds). Turn a 12 cup standard muffin tin upside down and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Form tortillas into a bowl-like shape, between gaps in muffin cups (3 per muffin tin). Bake for 10 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add spices and water to browned turkey, stir to combine. Cover with lid. Cook until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Prepare toppings: Chop tomato and thinly slice lettuce. Place toppings into small serving bowls. Divide ground turkey into taco bowls. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
These taco bowls look both fun and tasty! Creative idea!
So easy and the kids just loved them!