I love Mexican food parties and taco bowls are way more fun! With this simple kitchen hack for making homemade taco bowls you will be wowing your guests. Who needs a tortilla bowl maker when you can make these in your own home with this easy how to?
One of our absolute favorite get togethers to host is a Mexican party. I have hosted everything from a Chipotle Copycat party with barbacoa, rice, beans and all the fixings to a taco bar, and everything in between.
Fun and friends are the name of the game at all of my parties, so simple parties that look spectacular are often achieved by make-ahead recipes or doing all the prep ahead of time.
Homemade Taco Bowls
These homemade taco bowls are perfect to make a day or two before the big party, game or get together dinner.
Taco salad bowls are so fun, and easy to make, too!
Simply flip a muffin tin upside down. Next, spray it with non-stick cooking spray and press the tortillas in between the gaps to create a bowl shape.
Tips for Making Taco Salad Bowls
- You can store the shells for several days wrapped in aluminum foil.
- You will get 3 taco bowls per muffin pan. The first one in the lower left corner, next in the middle, and then the lower right corner. If you are using 6″ tortillas, you can make 4 shells on each muffin pan.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing!
Homemade Taco Bowls
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Microwave tortillas until they are soft and pliable (about 30 seconds). Turn two 12-cup standard muffin tins upside down and lightly spray the bottom with non-stick spray.
- Form tortillas into a bowl-like shape, between gaps in muffin cups (3 per muffin tin).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until they start to brown. You can store these for several days wrapped in aluminum foil. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2015.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.