Sweet and Sour Pork made at home! This quick and easy popular Chinese restaurant dish goes from prep to plate in 30 minutes.
The Best Ever restaurant-style Sweet and Sour Pork made at home! This quick and easy popular Chinese restaurant dish goes from prep to
plate in 30 minutes. Skip the restaurant and enjoy sweet and sour pork at home a fabulous dish made simple with this Step By Step recipe.
Quicker than you can pick up take-out, you can have this Incredibly Easy 30 Minute Sweet and Sour Pork on the table ready to eat. It rivals ANY Chinese restaurant and a special ingredient to really get crisp pork without deep frying, this recipe is a keeper!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
How to make Sweet and Sour Pork
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers, red and yellow, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cup snow peas
- 8 ounce can pineapple chunks packed in juice, (reserve juice for sauce)
- In a gallon size resealable plastic bag combine sugar, soy sauce and egg. Add pork to mixture. Massage pork and mixture to combine. Add corn starch, salt and pepper into bag with pork and seal bag. Toss to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Carefully, add pork to skillet in a single layer and allow to brown (about 2-3 minutes per side) until cooked through. Turn once. Remove pork with a slotted spoon and transfer to sauce. Bring sauce to a boil. Then reduce to simmer. Add vegetables and pineapple to hot skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Pour sweet and sour sauce and pork into vegetables. Toss to coat and serve over Scallion Jasmine Rice.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.