This spring we hosted a brunch at our house for some friends of ours. I created several pancake creations for the pancake bar. Munchkin was anxiously sitting inside with Pop Pop awaiting her plate of pancakes. Once she tried these VERY Berry Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes she declared them the best pancakes ever.
Well, sure she is just 3… But several attendees agreed with her that this combination of light fluffy pancakes, strawberry syrup, fresh strawberries and cream are absolutely insanely delicious. I have to agree these pancakes will truly knock your socks off.
With love from our kitchen table to yours! XO
Do you ❤ love ❤ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe. Click here to Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by Email and receive new recipes in your inbox every day!
Check out more scrumptious pancakes. Click on the photo or the link to open in a new window.
The Best Ever Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes simple to make and they freeze perfectly.
Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes, one word… YUM! Like a coffee cake and a pancake all in one.
Ricotta Pancakes with Banana Pecan Syrup are light, fluffy and delicious ricotta pancakes, taken to another level with this decadent syrup.
Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- 12 buttermilk pancakes
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Prepare ingredients and assemble by placing one pancake on a plate, sprinkling 2 tablespoons chopped strawberries over top and a dollop of cream. Add a second pancake and repeat again. Add a third pancake and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
- In a chilled large metal mixing bowl, heavy cream with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. If you lift the whisk out of the cream, you want the tip of the cream to fold over on itself.
- Sprinkle in powdered sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form. Stiff peaks occur when you lift the whisk out of the cream and the tip of the cream stands up.
- If desired, serve with strawberry dessert topping and strawberry pancake syrup. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.