Oven Baked Garlic Potato Fries are fabulous, flavorful and crispy. Served with ranch dressing makes them the prefect fry out of your oven.
Happy Hump Day! Its “The Happy Hour” here at The Slow Roasted Italian every Wednesday we will be bringing you fantastic dishes you would find at happy hour.
Today we have oven baked Garlic Wedges (Fries). These are fabulous, flavorful and crispy. The perfect fry out of your own oven. The garlic seemed overwhelming while it was baking, but the flavor was perfect when it was done. The corn starch helps create a fantastic crust on the fry. I served these with ranch dip, a perfect accompaniment. I hope you enjoy.
We enjoyed these so much I made them again tonight for dinner. Yes, you heard me… Following a long day with Em, poor baby is sick for the first time, we just wanted to relax with some comforting fast food. So, instead of wasting the money to go out and get garbage food I made these fries again!! Oh so good!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Oven Baked Garlic Potato Fries
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch/cornflour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 440° F.
- Combine the garlic and oil in a large bowl, warming it in the microwave until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer 5 tablespoons of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to the baking dish, coating it well.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until the potatoes are translucent around the edges, 3 to 6 minutes, shaking the bowl to redistribute the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, turning once, until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with your favorite condiment.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.