Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup is a ridiculously easy to make recipe, packed with veggies and it will help you detoxify your body!
Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup is one of the easiest recipes you can make. It basically involves chopping up a bunch of veggies and patiently waiting for the slow cooker to do all the work.
This soup is also very budget friendly and is packed with nutrients.
After indulging over the holidays, this soup is the perfect meal to get you back on the right track and start the new year healthier.
The Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup is loaded with delicious and vitamin packed veggies cooked in a flavorful veggie broth.
The soup is packed with fiber, which makes it hearty and filling!
Hey guys, it’s Catalina from Sweet and Savory Meals here. I am happy to be a contributor on TSRI and add recipes to Donna and Chad’s already great collection.
I love soups during this cold winter on the North East coast!
While I am always up to indulge into some Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup, after all the incredibly tasty and dessert heavy holidays, I am more than happy to kick start the new year with a healthy meal.
Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup
I am bringing you today a healthy and yummy Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup that you can use to detoxify your body and get in some much needed veggies!
If you are looking for a pressure cooker version, here is a delicious Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup!
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE WEIGHT LOSS SOUP:
- You can use the veggies that you like most in this recipe. For example, if you don’t like or you don’t have green beans on hand, you can use zucchini.
Or you can skip the bell pepper if you are not a fan.
- I recommend keeping the celery and the cabbage, as they are known for their “weight loss” and detoxifying properties, also they make the soup heartier, hence it will keep you fuller!
- To make the soup even more healthier, you can replace the white potatoes with sweet potatoes..
- For more flavor, you can pick canned diced tomatoes that have been fire roasted or have some type of herbs added to them.
Also, San Marzano canned tomatoes are the best in my opinion!
- Make sure you season the soup, otherwise it will taste blend. Dried herbs add a very nice flavor to the veggie broth.
- If you don’t have veggie broth on hand, you can also use chicken broth, but the soup won’t be vegetarian anymore.
- If you prefer, you can add beans to the soup for extra protein.
I prefer to skip them, only because I consider this soup a lighter meal, that gives my digestive system a break, and beans are harder to digest.
- The thyme and bay leaves are optional, they add great flavor, but if you don’t have any on hand, you can skip these.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE WEIGHT LOSS SOUP:
- Slow Cooker – the slow cooker is almost my most used kitchen gadget, especially during fall/winter!
It’s just so convenient, and lets face it, it makes comfort food taste even better!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Soup Recipe Links
Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup + Video
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, cut into halves
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Prepare all the veggies, by washing, peeling if needed, and chopping.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker insert. Stir well to combine. The broth should slightly cover the veggies. If needed add more or add water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until potatoes are tender. For better results, stir a few times during cooking.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Once the soup is ready, discard bay leaves and thyme springs before serving.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2018, updated and republished January 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
How often do you eat it?
This really looks super healthy and good! Pinned!
Enjoy and let us know how it goes!
Do you think you could add maybe 2 uncooked chicken breasts in at the beginning? Would they cook through? My fiancé needs the meat, but I’d still like to make it! Thanks!
Sarah Irvine: I just saw your post. I need to have meat protein every day. When I need to add chicken to a recipe, I boil, then simmer it separately. It's done and can be added to the soup when the chicken is no longer pink.
My spouse and I stumbled over here different website and thought I might as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you.
Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.
Has anyone who has tried this Slow Cooker Weight Loss Soup, did it work and how much weight in 1 month did they loose
Just eat the doup as your main lunch meal and see what happens! Don’t forget to make sure you get enough protein, though!
How many ounces or cups equal to one serving
An amount per serving is approximately 1 cup of vegetables plus 4 ounces of broth. It’s a little difficult to provide an exact amount per serving, because it depends on how finely the vegetables are chopped. Hope this helps!
TSRI Team member,
You mentioned an instapot version of this soup but I can't find the link to it.
Hi MadMex2K, there is a clickable link above to the Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup, hope that helps.
What could be bad about this soup, add a little hot sauce to your personal bowl and chow down. I'm out today to get the vegetable broth and giving it a try tonight. Thanks for another great recipe.
Awesome Patty Leckliter, enjoy and let us know how it goes!
What is the serving size?
Tried it in my new instant pot tonight. 30 minutes on the soup setting and out turned out better than any of my crockpot versions of it! I did saute onions, celery, and garlic first and then threw the rest in. Absolutely amazing!
First ever slow cooker meal. Thanks for the recipe!
How long would it take on the high setting in the crockpot? 4 hours?
Has anyone ever froze this?
Thanks for sharing an informative recipe.
Reminds me of a weight loss soup my mom made back in the 70’s. It was called the cabbage soup diet back then. It was a tasty soup and really worked for her. Thanks for sharing!
I was thinking of ways to cut back on the sodium. I could use mostly water I guess. If you have other suggestions please let me know.