Best Ever Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup! Made in just 25 minutes, this easy recipe is bursting with fabulous flavor, tender chunks of chicken and veggies.
Our most popular soups are all perfect to warm you up! Slow Cooker Potato Soup and Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup are tops on my list.
But if you are looking for more ideas, check out our 25 Best Ever Soups and Stews!
‘Tis the season for runny noses and coughs. Not to mention the crazy weather our northern friends are having. My family loves this soup.
There is just something about homemade chicken noodle that is almost healing, isn’t there?
I have been working on the best homemade chicken noodle soup for quite some time.
I’ve tried many recipes, but none have been loved more by my husband than my Best Ever Simple chicken noodle soup recipe.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
There is nothing quite like enjoying a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup like your mom used to make. I remember my own mother making it when we were growing up. It was the perfect remedy for a cold or even a bad day. It surely is the best way to warm you up on a cool winter night and make everything feel better!
Mom’s soup took all day to cook, but nowadays that is just not in the schedule. With work, play dates and carpools to fill your days, this is the perfect chicken noodle soup to make on a busy day. It’s packed with carrots, celery, and chicken, and it goes from prep to plate in just 25 minutes. This home-style soup is perfectly satisfying and oh so delicious.
We even keep our freezer stocked with a few batches so when the unexpected cold arises, we simply defrost and heat on the stovetop or in the microwave. It is so amazing!
Helpful Tips to make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- This is a great soup to make ahead and freeze. Let the soup come to room temperature before putting it in the freezer. I like to place a layer of plastic wrap over the soup to help prevent freezer burn.
- The noodles will break apart when you reheat it, so if preferred you can freeze the soup without the noodles and toss them in the pot when you are reheating it. Thaw soup in the refrigerator overnight. Bring to a boil add egg noodles and cook until al dente.
What you will need to make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Soup Recipe Links
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe + Video
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken stock, or 8 cups water and 4 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounce bag extra broad egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large (8 quart) saucepan over medium-high heat, add butter. One butter is melted add the carrots and celery to the saucepan and stir. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and chicken. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add egg noodles and cook until al dente (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- Add parsley and pepper. Stir and serve!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2012, updated and republished March 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.