Jalapeno Bacon Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for game day, or any day! They have the flavor of jalapeno poppers stuffed inside of the juiciest beef and bacon meatballs ever!!
Jalapeno Bacon Meatballs
Combine the spicy, cheesy flavors of bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers with savory seasoned beef for perfectly poppable bites. Serve these up at a party, then sit back and wait for everyone to beg you for the recipe.
Do you love the flavors of jalapenos and bacon? Or even stuffed meatballs in general? If so, you’ll love these meatballs for SURE! You can find the same flavors in my recipes for spicy taquitos and the ultimate jalapeno popper dip!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Adjust the spicy heat. You can decrease or increase the amount of jalapenos to tweak the spiciness to your liking.
- Don’t overmix! Doing so will create tough, dry meatballs. Mix the ingredients together gently, but more importantly, handle the meat mixture as little as possible.
- Use a scoop. You’ll have them portioned out in no time! Plus, they’ll cook more evenly since they are all the same size.
- Achieve the perfect shape. Lightly coat your hands with olive oil so each meatball is easier to form without sticking to your hands. Plus, they will be easier to roll into the perfect round shape.
- Feeding a crowd? This spicy meatball recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled to adequately serve as many people as you need to feed!
If you want to turn them into a meal, you can serve the bacon meatballs over rice, pasta, or even in buns – for a spicy twist on a classic meatball sub.
Jalapeno Bacon Meatball Recipe FAQ
Can I use a different type of ground meat?
Yes definitely! The flavors in this dish will pair deliciously with turkey, chicken, or even pork. Just keep in mind that each meat has a different fat content and that may affect cooking time.
Can I make meatballs ahead of time?
Absolutely. In fact, I think this is the perfect make-ahead recipe! Prep a couple of batches and keep them frozen for a super simple snack or dinner.
Allow them to come to room temperature , then place them on a sheet pan and pop it into the freezer. When you’re ready to reheat and eat, set your oven to 350°F and bake them for about 15 minutes, or until they are warmed through.
What is New Mexico chili powder?
It is a seasoning that is made up of ground dried New Mexico chiles, typically red chiles. It’s heat level is moderate, but it has earthy and fruity undertones that add wonderful flavor to whatever dish you’re including it in!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Meatball Recipes
Jalapeno Bacon Meatballs + Video
- 1 pound lean ground beef, or turkey
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 3 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs. Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2013. Updated and republished December 2021.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.