Crock Pot Buffalo Wings make the best appetizer, and you only need 4 ingredients! Claim the title of best wings at any party with this easy recipe.
This recipe for slow cooker buffalo wings couldn’t be any simpler to achieve that sticky, delicious coating that you love. Dump everything in the crockpot, stir, and walk away!
Crock Pot Buffalo Wings
To get the sauce extra caramelized, pop your slow cooker buffalo wings on a baking sheet and broil them for a few minutes before serving.
Don’t forget the sauce from the pot — that doubles as the glaze!
Craving more of that spicy buffalo flavor? You’ve got to try these chicken meatballs. They are perfect for game day AND dinner.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Wings Tips and Tricks
- Low heat is best. Unless you’re in a hurry, opt for the longer cooking time to get the best crock pot hot wings.
Cooking on High can sometimes cause them to become dry instead of tender and juicy.
- Want an extra thick sauce? Transfer the liquid from the slow cooker to a pot on the stove and boil until it reduces into a glaze.
Or, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and stir it in with the crock pot buffalo wings when they are done.
Set it to High and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add some dip! My homemade ranch dressing or blue cheese dip is the perfect companion to this tangy crock pot buffalo chicken wings appetizer.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings FAQs
Sure! You will prepare the crock pot hot wings recipe the same as directed but reduce the cooking time by half. This works with fresh drumettes or ones thawed from frozen.
I recommend slicing into one of the drumettes to ensure that it’s done first. If not, continue cooking for another 30 minutes to an hour.
Leftover crockpot buffalo chicken wings can be stored in the refrigerator for 3–4 days in a sealed container. Reheat in the microwave, oven, or air fryer until warmed through.
Yes, but only if you boil it down on the stove first. Because it was cooked with raw chicken, the extra step of boiling helps eliminate any harmful bacteria that may occur.
Once reduced, allow it to cool before transferring it to an airtight container. It will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer. We love it on all kinds of poultry!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Crockpot Game Day Recipes
Crock Pot Buffalo Wings + Video
- 4 pounds chicken wings, fresh or frozen (See Notes)
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, I use Franks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons honey
- To a 5 quart slow cooker, add buffalo sauce, butter and honey. Stir to combine. Add chicken wings. Stir until wings are well coated. Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove wings from slow cooker and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle sauce from the slow cooker over wings.
- Set the oven to broil. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce starts to caramelize. Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy.
- If you like a thick sauce coating (as seen in photos), transfer the sauce to a saucepan and boil it until it cooks down, approximately 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then brush or drizzle the sauce over the wings. Layer the sauce on the wings by coating the wings with sauce, broil for 1 minute, remove from the oven. Coat with sauce, broil 1 minute. Add more sauce and broil again, until sauce is caramelized.
- Instead of cooking the sauce down and broiling it you can combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a resealable container and shake it really well. Pour slurry into crockpot then cook an additional 30 minutes on high.
- If using fresh wings, cook time is 3-4 hours on low or 1-2 hours on high.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2014. Updated and republished January 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.