Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are perfect for game day or for dinner! This easy appetizer recipe is freezer-friendly for a quick meal anytime.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Meatball Poppers! Seriously. Do your family and friends devour wings? You are going to love this recipe that is perfect for game day AND dinner. I love an easy appetizer recipe, and this one is just that!
I have a ‘thing’ for meatballs, you could even call it love. I adore them for so many reasons. Meatballs are limitless, any meat, or no meat.
Any flavor, any style. Serve them for dinner, game day appetizer, fancy them up for a cocktail party. There are absolutely no boundaries or rules with meatballs, okay perhaps one rule…
They should be somewhat round.
This recipe is great to make ahead, freeze, defrost, and reheat in a 350°F oven.
Or pop them in the microwave. Full of chicken wing flavors, these are addictively poppable meatballs! Made with ground chicken, they are light, flavorful and delicious.
The sauce is a must, it really takes these appetizer meatballs over the top. You are going to love them.
Made with my favorite 1 tablespoon scooper, making them the perfect size and the ultimate appetizer for your Super Bowl Party. We also love them served for dinner served over a bed of rice. No matter how you eat them you are going to be crazy for them!!!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Helpful Tips for Making Appetizer Meatballs
I prefer to bake meatballs whenever possible. Not only is it less messy, but they come out perfectly tender and evenly cooked every time!
Plus, while they are baking, you can spend time preparing side dishes for your quick and easy meal.
The most important thing to remember when making meatballs is to not overwork the meat! Mix just until the ingredients are combined and touch them as little as possible.
Use a scoop to portion them out before gently rolling them into shape. Wet or grease your hands before rolling — this gets them nice and smooth and prevents the mixture from sticking to your skin.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Appetizer Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, fine grind
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce
- 1 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs. Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, portion meatball mixture on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls. TIP: If you lightly wet your hands, the meatballs will form better and crack less. Bake for 20-25 minutes (for 2 trays).
- While meatballs are baking, prepare wing sauce. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine and cook until ingredients come together, about 5 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven, transfer to sauce, and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2013. Updated and republished December 2019.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.