Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta is the Best Ever Italian Pasta Salad! It is an amazing and simple recipe that is ‘knock your socks off’ delicious! It starts with slow roasted vegetables and ends with a fresh garlic Parmesan sauce. You’re welcome.
A few years ago I started participating in a few local fresh produce programs. I would receive the most amazing produce from them. One week I got the freshest eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini.
I immediately thought “PASTA DISH”. So, I added some olive oil, garlic, and cheese and made this simple and incredible pasta dish.
The best part is that these fabulous vegetables are available all year long making this pasta dish a perfect summer, fall, winter, or spring dish!
Tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini are slow-roasted to bring out the most incredible flavors and make this dish rich but still light at the same time.
It was so amazing that Munchkin and I ate this for 4 or 5 days. It was even delicious reheated! I know you will love it too!
Helpful Tips to make Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta:
- Adding the oil to the hot pasta helps it to absorb the flavor!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite pasta salad recipes:
Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta + Video
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare 2 cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Wash vegetables well. Dry and cut into bite size pieces, about 1/2″.
- Separate veggies between two pans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes, rotating top and bottom pan and stirring vegetables every 15 minutes. Once your vegetables start to brown around the edges they are done.
- Approximately 15 minutes before vegetables are done, prepare penne by bringing an 8 quart pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and a handful of salt. Cook according to package directions (approximately 7-10 minutes). Remove from heat when pasta is al dente. Drain. Pour pasta into a large serving bowl, add hot roasted vegetables on top.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil over the top and add garlic and 1 cup cheese. Toss well to combine. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.