Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta is the Best Ever Italian Pasta Salad! It is an amazing and simple recipe that is ‘knock your socks off’ delicious! It starts with slow roasted vegetables and ends with a fresh garlic Parmesan sauce. You’re welcome.
A few years ago I started participating in a few local fresh produce programs. I would receive the most amazing produce from them. One week I got the freshest eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini.
I immediately thought “PASTA DISH”. So, I added some olive oil, garlic, and cheese and made this simple and incredible pasta dish.
The best part is that these fabulous vegetables are available all year long making this pasta dish a perfect summer, fall, winter, or spring dish!
Tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini are slow-roasted to bring out the most incredible flavors and make this dish rich but still light at the same time.
It was so amazing that Munchkin and I ate this for 4 or 5 days. It was even delicious reheated! I know you will love it too!
Helpful Tips to make Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta:
- Adding the oil to the hot pasta helps it to absorb the flavor!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Check out more of our favorite pasta salad recipes:
Nana’s Southern Style Macaroni Salad
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make this recipe!
Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta + Video
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare 2 cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Wash vegetables well. Dry and cut into bite size pieces, about 1/2″.
- Separate veggies between two pans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes, rotating top and bottom pan and stirring vegetables every 15 minutes. Once your vegetables start to brown around the edges they are done.
- Approximately 15 minutes before vegetables are done, prepare penne by bringing an 8 quart pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and a handful of salt. Cook according to package directions (approximately 7-10 minutes). Remove from heat when pasta is al dente. Drain. Pour pasta into a large serving bowl, add hot roasted vegetables on top.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil over the top and add garlic and 1 cup cheese. Toss well to combine. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
This is so good. Today I added mushrooms instead of tomatoes and it was delish. Although it looks more colorful with tomatoes. This has become a family go to at least once a month.
This was absolutely delicious! So simple and colorful. I added a bit of Pepperoni's seasoning and it took it to another level. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for the recipe.
July 28, 2018
I’m making his tonight. Roasting veggies except eggplant which I’m not using. Making the pasta in the instant pot then adding the roasted veggies to pot and sauté it all together then adding cheese.
What is a good substitute for the tomatoes? I can't eat them but not sure which veggie so switch them out for.
I did mushrooms instead of tomatoes it was still yummy just not as colorful
Can you add meat to this?
Absolutely, Aleisha! As long as the meat is cook, you can simply toss it in with the pasta and vegetables before serving. Enjoy!
TSRI Team member,
Who doesn’t love roasted vegetables and pasta? This came together so easily and was SO good.
My BFF makes something similar using sun dried tomatoes in OVO. She oven roasts the veggies then tossed it with hot pasta and a jar of sun dried tomatoes then stirs in dollops of goat’s cheese. Delicious!