This no bake Reeses Cheesecake recipe can be enjoyed year round, but it’s especially nice for summer! Assemble this peanut butter no bake cheesecake in 15 minutes, then freeze for a fantastic chocolate peanut butter dessert!
No bake desserts are a favorite of ours in the summer months, especially because they help to keep the kitchen cool.
Plus, they’re perfect for taking to picnics and potlucks!
Our perfectly creamy Reese’s no bake cheesecake is loaded with crunchy candies and flavored morsels, then topped with crushed peanut butter cups for a mouthful of flavor!
There’s even a recipe that is similar to this one, but it tastes exactly like a Monster cookie!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Graham Cracker Crust – Grab a premade crust from the store to save on prep time, or make your own if you prefer!
Homemade graham cracker crust needs time to chill until firm, so plan accordingly.
- Sour Cream – Plain Greek yogurt is a good replacement in this Reeses peanut butter cheesecake if you want something a little less tangy.
It also has fewer calories and is lower in fat.
- Peanut Butter – You’ll need no-stir PB to create the best consistency for your Reeses cheesecake filling.
More natural varieties can have a slightly gritty texture that won’t blend as smoothly.
- Candies – This no bake peanut butter cheesecake is loaded with peanut butter morsels, Reese’s Pieces, and chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups!
Tips for Making Peanut Butter No Bake Cheesecake
- Soften the cream cheese.
Allow the blocks to sit on the counter for at least 30 minutes.
Or, place fully unwrapped blocks on a heat-safe plate and microwave for 20-30 seconds at 50% power.
- Balance the flavors.
If you prefer a more even chocolate to PB ratio, you can use an Oreo cookie crust instead — either store-bought or homemade.
Or, simply drizzle some chocolate syrup over the Reeses cheesecake once set!
- Make it fancy.
For a more decorated finish, replace the candy topping with swirls of whipped cream around the outside.
Then, gently press a mini Reese’s cup into each swirl so there’s one with every slice of Reese’s cheesecake.
- Short on time?
Pop the dessert in the freezer for 3 hours so it will set up faster! Leave off the candy topping, then add it just before serving instead.
Storing and Freezing Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Once set, Reeses cheesecake will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator before the texture starts to change.
If you plan on freezing no bake peanut butter cheesecake, leave off the Reese’s cups and add them just before you are ready to serve.
Wrap the dessert tightly in a layer of plastic and foil, then store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place in the refrigerator overnight so it thaws slowly and evenly.
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake FAQ
There’s a good chance that your cream cheese wasn’t softened enough, or that you didn’t beat the ingredients together for a long enough amount of time.You also need to give it plenty of time in the refrigerator — the longer, the better! If you try to serve this peanut butter no bake cheesecake too soon, the texture will be more like a mousse or cream pie.
Yes. In fact, it’s best to prepare this recipe the night before you need it so it has plenty of time to set up!Reeses peanut butter cheesecake will also last for several days in the refrigerator, but be sure to keep it well covered so it doesn’t absorb any smells or flavors from surrounding foods.
Feel free to use regular milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips since they will blend in with the candy pieces. Just know that the overall peanut butter flavor in your Reeses cheesecake won’t be quite as strong.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other No Bake Dessert Recipes
No Bake Reeses Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter morsels
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 12 Reese’s peanut butter cups, smashed
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
- Add sour cream, peanut butter, and vanilla and beat well until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter morsels and Reese’s Pieces.
- Pour batter into graham cracker crust and top with smashed peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate 6-12 hours before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2021, updated and republished August 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.